Hello from Devon

Hi

Well I can't believe I have never come across this forum before!

So, I have been wet shaving ever since I started shaving (yes, many years ago) using cartridge razors and cans of foam and gel.
Switched to DE shaving about 5 years ago with a decent cream and brush after getting fed up with the price of cartridges and also reading that multiple blades are generally not good for the skin.

Last year decided to try straight razors but not wanting the hassle of stropping and honing tried a couple of Shavettes.

Hmmm, mixed results.

Now using a Feather Artist Club SS straight razor and am learning all over again.

Stops it becoming a chore!

Cheers

Welcome :)

For me the secret is a milder blade like a Schick Proline or Kai Captain Mild. Same with straights: a milder edge is much more forgiving and easy to use. I never do an ATG pass though (against the grain).

Welcome :)

For me the secret is a milder blade like a Schick Proline or Kai Captain Mild. Same with straights: a milder edge is much more forgiving and easy to use. I never do an ATG pass though (against the grain).
Thanks.

My normal DE blade is Feather (in a DE razor), however have tried Personna, Tiger and Tatra in a shavette
I have been asked to star in the next remake of Sweeny Todd

Now with the feather Artist using the Soft Guard blades and to be honest they are far too mild, it's impossible to nick yourself so have ordered some pro Guard.

may try the shavette again with your suggestions above

You can put together your own sample pack here:

https://www.razorbladesclub.com/single-edge-artist-club-blades/

Connaught Shaving have the Schick Prolines.

I've also tried Feather Pro Super. First few shaves were a bit too sharp for me but after that they settled down and lasted almost 20 shaves in total.
Thanks for the tip, those are a couple of websites I was not aware of!

The price of the Feather single edge on that first site looks very good

Hi

Well I can't believe I have never come across this forum before!

So, I have been wet shaving ever since I started shaving (yes, many years ago) using cartridge razors and cans of foam and gel.
Switched to DE shaving about 5 years ago with a decent cream and brush after getting fed up with the price of cartridges and also reading that multiple blades are generally not good for the skin.

Last year decided to try straight razors but not wanting the hassle of stropping and honing tried a couple of Shavettes.

Hmmm, mixed results.

Now using a Feather Artist Club SS straight razor and am learning all over again.

Stops it becoming a chore!

Cheers
Where in Devon are you? Beautiful county. I understand awesome people live there.

Back
Top Bottom