Hello from Cornwall...

Just dropped in to say Hi. I have only just found these forums. I have been DE shaving for around 3 months after 20 years of cartridge shaving. I have three razors, the Wilkinson Sword Classic I learnt on, a Muhle R89 and a 1953 Gillette #58 Super Speed.

Yeah yeah, whatever . . . tell us more. Which is your favourite razor of the three? Blades? Brush? Soap or cream?

Come on man, we need details.

Rev-O said:
Yeah yeah, whatever . . . tell us more. Which is your favourite razor of the three? Blades? Brush? Soap or cream?

Come on man, we need details.

My favourite razor is the Mühle, much more fogiving that the '53 Gillette. My favourite blade is a Vidyut Supermax Super Stainless and the school is still out on what my favourite cream or soap is, I have tried many and there are many more I want to try. So far I have tried Erasmic soap, Proraso cream, Boots Cool Cologne Lather cream, Palmolive Classic Cream. Today, courtesy of Poundland, I have picked up some Real Shave Co. Sensitive cream, which I will try tonight. I also have some Taylor's of Bond Street Rose Cream on order, that is for SWMBO, but I am sure I will get to try some. I am also a fan of Superlather and Uberlather. For my superlather mix I use Erasmic as a base and Palmolive cream and for my Uberlather I use Erasmic, Boots cream and a small drop of KY jelly. For a brush I am using a Body Shop synthetic, although I have an Edwin Jagger best badger ordered.

C'mon Rev, are you satisfied now? :D

Thanks Speedwell, it looks like you are well in to the hobby/obsession. Make sure you try that TOBS cream, used it this morning and it's lovely. Oh, and your new brush should revolutionise your lather so that's really something to look forward to. :shave

Rev-O said:
Speedwell, you sound like a man who needs Tabac. PM me your details and I'll mail you a sample.

You, my friend, are what's known as an enabler. From <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-an-enabler.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-an-enabler.htm</a><!-- m --> I quote:

"...the enabler may be acting out of love and trying to help or protect a person, he or she is actually making a chronic problem like an addiction worse."

:lol:

Back
Top Bottom