Hello from a female collector

A collection which dwarfs mine own.
Welcome aboard; you seem to have done quite well without us in your time collecting.
And that funny toggle thing you've got: complete waste of space; let me know if you need rid.

BraveBlades said:
yep - you qualify as a collector!
some real nice razors there. Are they used or just admired ?

Mainly admired - but I regularly use the gillette blue starburst ladies razor and I have tried the milady - but the handle is a bit short.

I did give the fat boy a go on my forearm just to try it and nearly took the skin off! Though I have been told since that no. 5 was probably too high.

cheesepiece said:
A collection which dwarfs mine own.
Welcome aboard; you seem to have done quite well without us in your time collecting.
And that funny toggle thing you've got: complete waste of space; let me know if you need rid.

In your dreams as they say!

Rocket Man said:
That is a very impressive collection. How long have you been at it? :icon_eek:

I had just one razor when I joined this forum...

Around two years collecting, but it is getting worse, I am now veering off towards other makes - I dream of a Darwin deluxe............there is a female collector on another forum who has every Darwin model razor in existence - and a very impressive cabinet of other vintage razors, so I have a lot of work to do to get up to her standard

Smiler said:
Welcome along! I usually say "...it's gonna cost ya a lot of money", but it looks like it already has lol.

I honestly did not believe it would be so addictive when I started collecting, and now if I see a razor with just the slightest difference to one I have I just have to try to get it -
mad I know - I am really into the history of the safety razor - and spend hours looking up websites where they have already compiled date codes, razor models etc

does that make me a sad person?

no actually it make me a happy person!:icon_razz:

eillio said:
I honestly did not believe it would be so addictive when I started collecting, and now if I see a razor with just the slightest difference to one I have I just have to try to get it -
mad I know - I am really into the history of the safety razor - and spend hours looking up websites where they have already compiled date codes, razor models etc

Hi there,

That's quite a healthy...... quite a healthy hobby you got there. Wow, you are extremely enthusiastic! Not too many members here with that kinda motivation.

Glad you showed up. I think Toots needs another woman to talk female things with. We usually never listen to her, but pretend to be interested. As you know, Limey men are a polite, somewhat overly effeminate bunch.

Anyway, I hope you stick around,

Martin

[/quote]
Around two years collecting, but it is getting worse, I am now veering off towards other makes - I dream of a Darwin deluxe............there is a female collector on another forum who has every Darwin model razor in existence - and a very impressive cabinet of other vintage razors, so I have a lot of work to do to get up to her standard
[/quote]

Welcome. There is (maybe was, now) a Darwin Deluxe on Ebay today - £100.
Do you collect your Gillette birth year / quarter as some of us do?

Back
Top Bottom