Hello from a DE novice

Hi all,

I've just recently joined the DE ranks and purchased a Merkur Futur - it's awesome! Also just got the Merkur travel razor - it's tiny but still has a nice weight.

Had a few nice shaves so far with a Derby blade, now I'm just starting to work through my sample pack to establish a favoured blade.

Anyone got any tips for shaving the neck area as that's one area where I struggle to get close without turning the neck into a bright red beacon.

Happy shaving :shave

Mapping your beard growth is particularly crucial on the neck so make sure you are not shaving against the grain at least for now.

Hello and welcome to... teh_Rume...

You just reminded me, I have one of those teeny Merkur travel razors, I must dig it out and give it a go.

My handy hint and top tip to you would be to let the weight of the Futur do this business for you, no pressing on.

Welcome.

antdad said:
Mapping your beard growth is particularly crucial on the neck so make sure you are not shaving against the grain at least for now.

+1. This is very important, so make sure you don't overlook it especially with the Futur.
I did, and I had the same razor as you (my first one in DE shaving), so ended up with neck irritation every time.

Hello and welcome fella :) ,

Have a good look through this section :- <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://theshavingroom.co.uk/viewforum.php?f=6" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewforum.php?f=6</a><!-- l -->

Take it nice and easy to start with, enjoy.

Back
Top Bottom