Hello everyone,

Hi everyone,

I've been DE shaving for a few years now mainly with a Jagen David e01 (which I'm now looking to upgrade!), generally Polsilvers (I picked up a 100 when they were cheap) and Sputniks (down to the last couple now). I'm just waiting on a section pack of DE blades to continue my journey and received some of the new formulation Proraso Green this week.

If anyone has good suggestions for my next DE razor would be great to hear!

Cheers,

Welcome to TSR!

Razors are quite personal so always difficult to recommend. What's your budget and are you after anything in particular i.e. stainless steel etc?

Hi Boycie83,

I've been looking at up to £60ish
research so far, is the Merkur 23C (34C looks to have a very short handle?)
or the Timor Long Handle Closed Comb
or maybe try an adjustable like the Merkur Futur

Any pointers or advice gratefully received!

Hi Boycie83,

or the Timor Long Handle Closed Comb
or maybe try an adjustable like the Merkur Futur

Any pointers or advice gratefully received!
You have a lot of choice for your budget since you're not wed to the idea of a stainless steel razor.

I personally like the short handle of the 34C. The same head is available on the longer and weightier handle of the 38C if that's more suited to you. The slants are excellent razors and also an option (37C and 39C).

The Edwin Jagger DE89 and MÜHLE R89 are also good razors.

The razors above will last you many years or there are also the following "premium razors" if you can push your budget an extra £10 (using a vendor code that you'll find in the vendor area):

You have a lot of choice for your budget since you're not wed to the idea of a stainless steel razor.

I personally like the short handle of the 34C. The same head is available on the longer and weightier handle of the 38C if that's more suited to you. The slants are excellent razors and also an option (37C and 39C).

The Edwin Jagger DE89 and MÜHLE R89 are also good razors.

The razors above will last you many years or there are also the following "premium razors" if you can push your budget an extra £10 (using a vendor code that you'll find in the vendor area):

Thanks very much for your post Boycie83, I've ordered an Edwin Jagger DE89 long to get started with :)

Welcome to TSR.
If you want a longer handle the Merkur 38C {Barberpole} would suit you as it is the same head as the 34C. The Merkur Progress would be ideal as it is adjustable and one of my favourites.
Have a look at the Fatip open comb {Piccolo or Grande} which are all brass construction.
For a TTO the Wilkinson Sword seems to have made it to a few supermarkets and it is available for £15; it has a long handle. There is also the Weishi Nostalgic adjustable available online and is a Gillette Slim Adjustable clone.

Welcome and hope you find this to be a great place!
Recommendations - as above really. I am a Merkur fanboi and have near enough them all and none of them disappoint. Personally I prefer the longer heavier handles but that is my preference. If you see something you like on ebay etc, just come and ask - we all have an opinion and we love to share them!

Back
Top Bottom