Heineken Cup up and running

Being a Rugby fan all my life played through school and youth level, both my Boys played and one of then up to welsh league standard, but gave up after a knee operation a few years back, and now the best rugby tournament in the world is underway, so much better than the super 15 in my opinion, my team the Cardiff Blues got a nice away win against Racing Club Paris, What team do you support in the competition.

Regards Jamie.

RE: Hieneken Cup up and running

I would have to pick Leicester Tigers as I went to a few games as a kid (our school headmaster was the father-in-law of the captain at the time) so always look out for their results.

I was at Meadow Lane for Nottingham vs Pontypridd in the pool stages of the British & Irish Cup yesterday.

joe mcclaine said:
I would have to pick Leicester Tigers as I went to a few games as a kid (our school headmaster was the father-in-law of the captain at the time) so always look out for their results.

I was at Meadow Lane for Nottingham vs Pontypridd in the pool stages of the British & Irish Cup yesterday.

Nottingham 20 17 Pontypridd I bet it was a good game, My Nephew Scott Sullivan plays for Pontypridd youth and districts, we all have very high hopes for him, plays 6 and 8 big powerful young forward brave as can be he's out till christmas with a broken wrist, Pontypridd are a development team for the Cardiff Blues region as are all the Rhondda and Merthyr valleys, Pontypridd have always possessed a fantastic spirt as a club and supporters so passionate, even though in the early years I saw them as my mortal enemy being a Cardiff RFC supporter before regional rugby was formed.

Regards Jamie.

chrisbell said:
Are Northampton in it this year? If so, I'd support them as they're closest to my local area (possibly).

Yes Northampton are in a very tough group great game over the weekend they were away to Munster, lost to a late drop goal from Ronan O'Gara, they are at home next week playing the Scarlets, Northampton have a very good front five.

Jamie.

pugh-the-special-one said:
...Nottingham 20 17 Pontypridd I bet it was a good game...

...Pontypridd have always possessed a fantastic spirt as a club and supporters so passionate...

Brilliant game. Nottingham had all the possession but 'Ponty' took advantage of a couple of chances and scored the tries. Nottingham didn't help themselves as they missed a few chances to kick for points. Went in at half-time 17-3 down. Quick try in second half and another a bit later along with a three-pointer leveled the score. On about 85 mins Nottingham managed to get another three points with the very last kick of the game.

The Ponty fans (who made up 'at least' half the 1,350 crowd) were very vocal and animated, which I read as passionate. They didn't think the ref was up to the job and booed him off the field.

Back
Top Bottom