Heavy Handle

I have an EFBT I only until today used it with a Maggard MR1 handle.
The combo worked well and I thought job done.

But today I used it on the original handle, it was obviously lighter and less grippy but the shave felt smoother and the resulting shave felt even better.

The blade used was on its 3rd use, same prep and cream.

Has the original handle really made that much difference ?

I have an EFBT I only until today used it with a Maggard MR1 handle.
The combo worked well and I thought job done.

But today I used it on the original handle, it was obviously lighter and less grippy but the shave felt smoother and the resulting shave felt even better.

The blade used was on its 3rd use, same prep and cream.

Has the original handle really made that much difference ?
Aftermarket handles move the balance point away from the head, that's why I use original handles or other vintage handles that don't upset that balance. Longer, heavier handles are never good in my opinion.

OK AKAIK EFBT
TIA

It's a bad habit, I should have been much clearer

What is a ministroke or TIA?​

A transient ischemic attack (TIA), often referred to as a “ministroke,” occurs when part of the brain experiences a temporary lack of blood flow. This causes stroke-like symptoms that usually resolve within 24 hours.

What is a ministroke or TIA?​

A transient ischemic attack (TIA), often referred to as a “ministroke,” occurs when part of the brain experiences a temporary lack of blood flow. This causes stroke-like symptoms that usually resolve within 24 hours.
Thanks In Advance

Aftermarket handles move the balance point away from the head, that's why I use original handles or other vintage handles that don't upset that balance. Longer, heavier handles are never good in my opinion.

What you say makes total sense, I suppose i fell for the heavier and longer handle is better narrative.

A bigger handle is nicer to hold but when it alters the shave I will learn to adapt to the original one.

Thanks for your help

Back
Top Bottom