Have you seen this

Been watching the Bay for the last couple of weeks for a nice vintage TTO Gillette. I can't believe the price some of these items have gone for. Have a look at this one Item no 150487010105 :eek:
Is that a fair price or has someone got very carried away.

Thats an Aristocrat - they go for silly money on the bay.
They were Silver and often Rhodium plated - Finding a good condition one with an intact case send the price into the stratosphere as the hardcore collectors flock in.

As for prices in general last few years, the general resurgence in classic wet-shaving has seen the prices go near vertical.
Antique fairs and car boots are still you best bet, to many E-bay sellers are to wise to the market now.

Here is a strange one. On the bay
item no 400150996490

This is being sold as an English rocket with brit pat no, but the handle looks wrong. There is no gap between the flare and the handle. looks like an American handle on an English head. What do you guys recon, Or have i missed something in my swift education.

So are we saying it is a genuine English rocket, or a bitsa made up from an American handle and an English rocket head. Could it be another super rare item that will make £100+.

It has a Rhodium glint to me. I'd call it a Rocket with an English head, it will certainly shave like an English flair tip as it weighs the same.

Price and rarity I don't know. NOS, mint, cased with all the gubbins maybe but not in aristocrat class.

heroblob said:
So are we saying it is a genuine English rocket, or a bitsa made up from an American handle and an English rocket head. Could it be another super rare item that will make £100+.

As the owner of one of these, probably not, although they are certainly rarer than the relatively more common FT Rocket.

obviously i would not be disappointed to see it go for shedloads ;)

Bay item no 260658309070

£125 :eek:

I wonder how much these where when they were new, and how that equates as an increase in investment. I would never have thought that something purchased on the high street 40 years ago with the intention of cutting hair from your face would turn out to increase in value quite so much.
Should i start collecting tooth brushes :lol:

Back
Top Bottom