• lightweight good

Votes: 6 20.0%
  • heavy good

Votes: 11 36.7%
  • ease of taking razor apart is critical

Votes: 9 30.0%
  • I am seriously interested in this razor and its successful completion

Votes: 16 53.3%
  • This is just a lark/discussion and I really have no interest what soever in what happens.

Votes: 13 43.3%

• Total voters
I have a slight design poll to help narrow down a few things on the final design. ITs somewhat easier doing this now then showing off 9 or 10 designs for voting on features and looks.

Can I get some conversation going, as to why you chose what you chose in the poll? The poll isn't all inclusive..

Hi. I'm designing a new car, but I just need to nail down a few last minute little things on the design.

What's more important, fuel economy or speed? Should it look like a muscle car or exotic car? 2WD or 4WD? Manual or Automatic?

You need to narrow things down a bit more before you start asking those kind of questions, Bezoar. No offense, but your questions are all over the place. Make what you want to make. A razor designed by committee will please everyone, but satisfy no one.

Edot: I choose "the just a lark" option.

Last edited:
I chose simple rather than complicated on the principle that the less to go wrong the better. Function over looks on the basic engineering belief that form follows function and the primary function is shaving, not decoration. Ease of disassembly doesn't really seem to me of utmost importance, after all how often have I stripped down a slim or fatboy when in normal use. Other than that I'm guessing that my own personal oreferences are becoming plain. However it would still be fun to see what percolates through from your ideas Bezoar.

JohnnyO. o/

I find a lot of times that it is easier to come up with a design and put it out there for folks to look at and comment about. If you got a chopstick and glued a blade on it, I am sure folks will suggest it made of metal or other things. for now, start simple and build on it. A good design, if scalable, will always improve over time.

other then the prototype lather catcher for the grumpy scotchman the things im putting it into is the following list of addendum

Toggles
3 piece
ttos
adjustables

The razor design/concept that has had me held up the most has been the "injector that doesn't use traditional spring" tension at all. this has been the bunched up under garment for me. The nimbleness of what we know as perhaps, the type "O" injector is built upon the head being an entire spring, making the head from something else screws the balance to the point of just getting a fat boy out.

other then the prototype lather catcher for the grumpy scotchman the things im putting it into is the following list of addendum

Toggles
3 piece
ttos
adjustables

The razor design/concept that has had me held up the most has been the "injector that doesn't use traditional spring" tension at all. this has been the bunched up under garment for me. The nimbleness of what we know as perhaps, the type "O" injector is built upon the head being an entire spring, making the head from something else screws the balance to the point of just getting a fat boy out.

Just a suggestion. Only work on one razor at a time. If you have an idea for another. Write it down in a journal with a few sketches. Then update when you have something to add. You will be best served by doing only one at a time.

Best of luck.
Tom

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would think that a springless design would be best served by a locking cam. I think that's what they are called anyways.

A lever attached to an egg shaped disk.
Here's a picture of one.
7376_GN_9181_eng.gif

its a helpful thought but remember, the blade can only take so much tension. And that piece of machinery you posted a picture of, probably weighs 2 kilograms..... and most on here say 50-70 GRAM razors are heavy....

I have been stuck on one design concept for a razor for maybe 2 years now. The idea is as complicated as taping a razor blade to a chop stick, but in actual planning and drafting, because of one spot on the razor, its as complicated as trying to assemble a fat boy while blindfolded.

Back
Top Bottom