Hallo hallo

Hello everyone,

I've lurked round here and other boards for a while now. I've been shaving with a DE for a year and a bit but only recently really got the hang of it. Always had trouble with my neck but I think I've almost cracked it. Turns out the grain grows in about 7 different directions and in my problem areas I've been shaving against the grain all this time :oops:

Was turned to this way of shaving when I was looking around the internet for how to recycle cartridge razor blades. The answer was not to buy them. Plus I thought that rubbing your face with dead animal and scraping it with a hunk of metal would be pretty cool.

Started with a Merkur HD 34c, then got a Gillette Tech off eBay. Since the beginning I've always used Mama Bear's Unscented but recently ventured out into the world of shaving soaps and bought a variety of popular ones. Finally I've settled on Cella as my main soap since it's so damn easy to lather, even though it smells like Dr. Pepper.

Currently I only do a one pass shave with a Feather since my skin can be quite sensitive in areas due to the medication I use for acne (which is now gone). Three passes gives me BBS but is too irritating, so one pass suits me fine since it means I can shave every day without feeling like my face is on fire.

I'm going travelling very soon: I set off for France at the end of the month from where I'll make my way across Europe and into Russia where I'll hop on the train to China and explore South East Asia. So me and my badger friend are going on a big adventure. Which leads me to a question I have for you more knowledgeable people. I've seen on other message boards people use medicine bottles to store their brush for travelling, but they don't seem to have these in the UK. So I was wondering, what's a good container for my furry friend? I've tried the toilet paper cardboard thing but it doesn't look like it'd withstand much rough and tumble.

Thanks for reading,

Simon

Welcome to the forum Simon, remember as your travelling across the world, theres a whole forum here that likes shaving gear from all over!

As for travelling I used a a brush holder from the shaving shack but it can be a bit pricey once you factor postage in and muhle do one as well which I found on Amazon.

Welcome to the forum Simon.

As for your question about something to store your brush in, well how about going to one of your local DIY shops and buying a bit of plastic pipe of the right diameter to slot the brush in?

Adam

Hi Simon,

I store my brush in a plastic spice container which I got in Morrisons Supermarket. They are not expensive. I also keep my Arko soap stick in an empty plastic salt container from the same emporium. They are plain white when you peel off the cover.

Hope this helps,

Kevin

Cheers for all your warm welcomes.

Would anyone be open to me having a thread where I update you on what country I'm in and you can make requests for shaving stuff (within reason :lol: ). Or am I severely underestimating what I'm getting myself into?

Thanks also for the suggestions for a shaving brush container. Today I went to Sainsburys and looked round all the aisles for a suitable tube. Must have looked mighty strange, me walking around squeezing all these containers to test their strength and measuring them against my hand to test their size.

While I was there I bought some vanilla sugar. To my surprise, when I opened it up, it had a dead badger in it.

Attachments

• vanillasugar.jpg
    360 bytes · Views: 77
  • deadbadger.jpg
    360 bytes · Views: 77
Back
Top Bottom