Haiti Earthquake

Such a shame that this devastating catastrophe has happened to the poorest nation in the western hemisphere. I remember when the EQ struck Manchester some 7 years ago, I was lying in bed then all of a sudden the bloody door and frame moved, I thought some idiot had driven a bulldozer into the house. It was very scary at the time and we suffered aftershocks for a few days following the initial quake. My sincere thoughts go to the people that have been killed and the relatives that have lost loved ones. It puts our deep freeze into perspective.
When I were a lad (eeh, bloody 'ovis) :lol: an earthquake was something that only occurred very rarely from what I can remember but these days it seems as if there is at least one every month, or it seems that way. I am sure these greedy oil companies have got something to do with it all, pumping out billions of gallons of the stuff and other minerals being mined yet nothing is going back in to fill the voids. Could this be a cause of the tectonic plates to be moving so much? Well, I'm blaming them anyway. ;)

I think news reporting is so much better (= faster and fuller) these days, so the world seems a worse place.

Can I encourage everyone to give a few quid to the DEC appeal?

teabag said:
I am sure these greedy oil companies have got something to do with it all, pumping out billions of gallons of the stuff and other minerals being mined yet nothing is going back in to fill the voids. Could this be a cause of the tectonic plates to be moving so much? Well, I'm blaming them anyway. ;)

I think they pump water down there when the well is partially depleted to displace (and thus recover) more oil... but I could be talking shite

Have a squint at this...some say it is powerful enough to cause a tsunami like the one off Sumatra no too long ago. Man meddling in stuff.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.haarp.alaska.edu/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.haarp.alaska.edu/</a><!-- m -->

Its not shite in some cases Hunny but it does happen in most oil wells.

Back
Top Bottom