Hair today, gone ... not just yet.

Well, I made it official. I'm heading ever-closer to full-facial nudity: :shave ... my beard will be coming off sometime in the near future - depending on timelines and goals, as set by a committee of sorts.

I have told the 'activities organisers', the woman that 'pushes and prods people to give to raffles' (and other fund-raising gimmic*cough* events), as well as the manager where I work (a nursing home); they are to get things in gear to motivate folks to sponsor my face-fuzz removal. They seemed to be interested in the idea, once they could close their slack, gravity-tugged jaws. If anyone over this side of the Atlantic has ever seen my hairless chops, it would be my GF, and it would only have been in a photo ... and probably from when I was a kid.

All the money we take in will be going to the residents' 'comfort fund' (that is not an appeal for donations, it's just info re: where the cash raised will go); it's more about the workplace community - for want of a better word - than about fund-raising.

What I could possibly do with from this forum, is advice about the best least traumatic way to get rid of the fur, and possibly about things I might have forgotten to take into account, regarding this ... event(?) and such like.

Hmm, I guess I'll need to choose a new avatar too, when it happens ... probably in a few weeks from now.

I go from good beard to clean shaven once or twice a year as the mood takes me...
I usually Clipper my beard down as close as it will go without scraping my skin, then make sure to prep pretty well.

Otherwise , i don't think there's much extra you can do.

Forewarned, if your anything like me my face goes mental when i decide to remove the beard... i get a fair bit of irritation regardless of how i shave.
It goes after a few hours tho , so make sure your not planning on going out that evening :p

Good luck with the removal!

What I do is clipper it down as close as possible, wait a couple of hours and then a single WTG pass. Next day do a full wetshave. Strange thing is this is always the closest, smoothest shave ever. Anyone have any ideas why ? :?:

[attachment=0]

I had this beard from 18 to 28.

I turned up at the office,very self conscious, clean shaven one day. It took two days for anyone to notice.

Those were the days.....

Attachments

• 20s.jpg
    360 bytes · Views: 222
Fido said:
[attachment=0]

I turned up at the office,very self conscious, clean shaven one day. It took two days for anyone to notice.

Those were the days.....

Weren't you in Manfred Mann? ;)

Ian

Fido said:
[attachment=0]

Those were the days.....
Good morning Fido!

..Proves one thing then - you were good looking once upon a time !! :lol:

Re: Hair today, gone ... not just yet. UPDATE

It's now officially scheduled for removal on Thursday, May 20th.

... in the Home it seems.

My regional manager has offered to sponsor the cut, and she and her manager are expressing interest in attending the event. I hadn't actually intended it to be an actual 'event' ... *sigh*

bazwalk said:
What I do is clipper it down as close as possible, wait a couple of hours and then a single WTG pass. Next day do a full wetshave. <snipped>

I'll probably be doing something along these lines. The woman that drops by the home to do residents' hair, has volunteered to donate her time etc to clipper the chin-pelt off. She doesn't offer wet shaves, and she said if she did my face would be minced - though not on purpose at least.

Re: Hair today, gone ... not just yet. UPDATE

Urban Hermit said:
It's now officially scheduled for removal on Thursday, May 20th.

... in the Home it seems.

My regional manager has offered to sponsor the cut, and she and her manager are expressing interest in attending the event. I hadn't actually intended it to be an actual 'event' ... *sigh*

bazwalk said:
What I do is clipper it down as close as possible, wait a couple of hours and then a single WTG pass. Next day do a full wetshave. <snipped>

I'll probably be doing something along these lines. The woman that drops by the home to do residents' hair, has volunteered to donate her time etc to clipper the chin-pelt off. She doesn't offer wet shaves, and she said if she did my face would be minced - though not on purpose at least.

TOgether with the Allegro honing/stropping machine, I picked up a barbers manual clipper..., you know, the thing that looks like an ice scoop hande (squeezable) with a miniature hedge trimmer attached...

It's 2.40pm as I write this so the great public shaving must have occurred by now (I double checked my spelling there). How did it go?

Largo said:
It's 2.40pm as I write this so the great public shaving must have occurred by now (I double checked my spelling there). How did it go?

I had been away for a few days and started reading this thread on page 2, got to the "great public shaving" and was a bit unnerved about reading page 1 in case there was a typo :lol:

It is a bit odd when someone who wears a beard shave it off, I guess the skin underneath is also a little more tender so it must take time to adjust both in appearance and feeling for the person. I have never attempted a beard, I think they are harder to maintain than a clean shaven face, a "real" beard needs trimming and shaving to a line to keep it in shape and that is hard, or at least a bit of a pain. Some guys just let it all grow and I think that looks unkempt but I do have respect for the guys who take the time to wear one and trim it.

Maybe he is in shock...or casualty.

Back
Top Bottom