Hair shedding

I think shedding for up to three months is normal as the brush beds-in.

Certainly after 8 weeks you shouldn't be losing more than a single figure per shave.

But that's just my very limited experience. I'd be interested to hear from others.

Hi Fido,

I have the EJ Best and can count on one hand the amount of hairs it’s lost. (6 Months)

I’m now looking to increase my brush collection this year so have been following your progress and observations rather closely as of late.

Sorry can’t really add to your starting post as I only have the one, but I would be extremely miffed if I paid £75+ and it was losing more than the EJ.

I have a shaving shack pure badger that has lost 1-2 hairs tops and I have had that for well over 6 months.
The omega 49 I have shed a few initially, but that has stopped now.. the odd 1 now and again.

I dont have any 50 quid + brushes but would be a tad miffed if a lot of hair was lost from something that price or above. a few hairs would be an acceptable loss.

What is acceptable to me.. depends on the price I paid.

Yes I agree that is perfectly acceptable especially considering the density.

One now and again doesn't bother me at all, but if I lost a few every shave it would annoy me, not because I think I am going to run out of hairs in the brush more just cause it is a pain picking them out.

Thankfully I have been very lucky and not had a brush that sheds enough to concern me.

Back
Top Bottom