Grey flannel

Anyone got an opinion on this?
It's always been one of those scents I've been aware of, and reading fragrantica it's compared to Trumpers Ajaccio Violets, something which I'm smitten with at the moment.
Is it worth a blind buy? It seems cheap enough for the risk.

I'd go with that ...

It's quite shouty, made up of all manner of scents. Like they had a load of leftovers and a LOT of violet, and bunged it all in together. Uplifting, nevertheless and once the "tried everything in the shop and walked out" effect has worn off, you're left with powdery violet over a rhizomatic mossiness.

"Powdery violet" is where I want to live :D

I don't have Grey Flannel; I do have Trumper's Ajaccio Violets, which I bought around 3 years ago, having compared reviews of both. If you have the Trumper's, I'm not sure I would bother buying GF ...

I first came across this in London in 1977, samples being given out in Harrods ! I used the samples, lost the vials, and forgot about G/F for many years. Then, in the early 90s, I found some on sale in Fenwicks, Newcastle. The first smell took me right back to the 70s....I've used it ever since.

I remember buying a bottle of this aftershave from my local TK Maxx a while ago. I only bought it once, though. I don't really remember what it smelt like, but I obviously wasn't very keen....

Sorry.

Back
Top Bottom