Grelot Frameback

Got this one of fleabay, is a lot nicer than the pics, and after having sourced a few grelots for fellow members, I've now got one myself :p

It's a J. Coudert Grelot Hospital frameback, originally sold by "Galerie Vero Dodat, 10 Rue J-J Rousseau, Paris 1er" (says so on the box)
I believe the "J-Michel" is actually the name of the original owner, as it doesn't seem like something that you'd find on these.
(Neil? any idea?)
The scales are lacquered wood, pinning is quite stiff, and the blade is slightly of-centre, but doesn't touch the scales.

D2X4y.jpg

n7qkI.jpg

UKg7Q.jpg

Anyway, it was not advertised as shave ready, but it went on the CrOx for a few laps, and it was perfect this morning.

All in all a nice piece of kit, and another one for my collection... (bit frameback obsessed!)

Max

Evvaa said:
all this talk about straights is really making me want to try one

You should, being a firefighter and all, it's the way heros shave :p

The only way you could be more manly is by taking up bear wrestling while firefighting & straight shaving at the same time. :lol:

Max

Nice blade and score Max :D

I think you´re right re the Michel, funny my name and all ... ;) It´s been put there with a techinque called blueing, it doesn´t stuck very strong but it works. It could be a vendors name aswell (since it could be a little to much/expensive work for one person and one blade), but Le grelot never did a line called that, what I know off.

FrenchBlade said:
Evvaa said:
all this talk about straights is really making me want to try one

You should, being a firefighter and all, it's the way heros shave :p

The only way you could be more manly is by taking up bear wrestling while firefighting & straight shaving at the same time. :lol:

Max

what about allo that whilst on crutches because of a screwed knee, would that make it more manly? if so i'll get a straight and give it ago - consultant is letting me put weight on my leg as of today, will give the rest ago, pass or fail well who knows :p

Had another shave with this one, it's very nice, just super smooth, really liking this one!

I think framebacks are the way forward for me, then again I already have 3 shave ready, 2 that need work, and one more on it's way.

Max

Back
Top Bottom