Greetings from sunny Libya

Hello out there, just introducing myself. I was born and raised a Hampshire Hog, but am currently living/working in Tripoli. Get back every few months to stock up on essential supplies. Think I paid for the Christmas bonus at Hungerford. ;)
I restarted De shaving about a year ago after many years of beardiness, electric shavers :evil: and face hacking with multiblades :twisted: . You know the story. Have also been learning to straight shave since Xmas, just at weekends 'tho.
Local shaving stuff is mainly Lord, the razors bend on removing them from the vac pack :eek: , however the blades are ok. Can also get Russian Gillette Platinums and Nacets, together with Greek Bics, all for 5p a blade. Only problem is resisting the urge to stock up everytime I go to the supermarket.
By the way,it is a very pleasant 22 degrees at the moment with blue skies. Might go to the beach for an hour after work while the memshabib prepares tiffin. :hungrig Hard life. Toodle Pip

I was going to give you a pleasent welcome until you mentioned 22 degrees and the beach. Now you can bog off!! :lol:

Ignore me. I'm just jealous :cool:

Hello, and welcome, from a cold, damp and drizzly UK.

Ian

You were doing so well until you mentioned the weather. Haven't had double figure temperatures here since early Dec.

We *have* had damp, grey, drizzle, sleet, hail, snow, ice, mist, fog, gales, short days and long nights.

So: welcome. Sort of.

Hello to you and your 22 degrees. The thermometer in my car said it was 26C this morning. Granted, that thermometer has been broken for a number of months. Perhaps the sensor part of it is in Libya.

Thanks guys. Its dropped to 20 today, so do you forgive me ? Sorry Fido, I'm a Saints fan :eek: , although my Dad did have a trial with Pompey many years ago so hopefully we can still talk to each other.
Yes the weather is ok, but there are somethings you miss- like going to the pub on Friday after work, St Marys on a Saturday; and you know things are really bad when you start dreaming of bacon butties. Then there's the taxman, Brown/Cameron, Celebrity Big Brother ... oophs, I'm off again!
I'm a nice bloke really - honest :D

Back
Top Bottom