Greetings from a Yank!

The Sunster may indeed be a bit of a nut ................ however I have his word for it that he's screwed on the correct thread. Now I'm wondering if U/Hermit & I could set up a small business marketing koans for Zen students, or even just going downmarket and selling therm on as fortune cookie contents.

JohnnyO. :geek:

JohnnyO said:
The Sunster may indeed be a bit of a nut ................ however I have his word for it that he's screwed on the correct thread. Now I'm wondering if U/Hermit & I could set up a small business marketing koans for Zen students, or even just going downmarket and selling therm on as fortune cookie contents.

• Ah, Grasshopper, what is the sound of one hen, crapping?[/list:u][/list:u]

JohnnyO said:

:lol:

Ordered the following from a small business out of California called http://www.bullgooseshaving.net/. Already got confirmation that he put it in the mail...should be here in 2-3 days! He had everything I needed except for a razor/brush stand. I needed something else from Amazon to qualify for free shipping, so I added a Col. Conk stand from there. Below is the following I'll be starting out with (price in USD):

Vulfix 404 Grosvenor Vulfix404 Boar/Badger Brush $25.00
Merkur 34C (HD) MKR-34C $36.50
BullGoose MVP Blade MVP Sample Pack (45 Blades) $14.95
* Shark Super Chrome (5 Blades)
* Shark Super Stainless (5 Blades)
* Gillette 7 O'Clock SharpEdge (5 Blades)
* Astra Superior Stainless (5 Blades)
* Feather Hi-Stainless (5 Blades)
* Personna Platinum (Red IP)(10 Blades)
* Super Iridium (10 Blades)
Ogallala Bay Rum Sandalwood Aftershave and Skin Toner 4oz Bottle $9.95
Colonel Conk Evernice Model 775 Chrome Safety Razor Stand $22.00

I have never said this before, but I am looking forward to shaving! :shave

Thanks for the warm welcome and having an awesomely informative site that has made my switch to DE easy! :D

twodogs257 said:
Ordered the following from a small business out of California called http://www.bullgooseshaving.net/. Already got confirmation that he put it in the mail...should be here in 2-3 days! He had everything I needed except for a razor/brush stand. I needed something else from Amazon to qualify for free shipping, so I added a Col. Conk stand from there. Below is the following I'll be starting out with (price in USD):

Thanks for the warm welcome and having an awesomely informative site that has made my switch to DE easy! :D

Blimey !!, a nice start there, when i switched to classic DE Shaving all i had was a Wilkinson Classic Razor (and included Blades), Wilkinson Boar Brush and Wilky (Black Tub) Soap....

twodogs257 said:
Y'alll are crazy. I don't know who this Jimmy guy is, nor am I Elton John. Unfortunately, my dad was a fan back in the early 70's and chose it as my middle name. Thought you all would get a kick out it. Also, I'm not acquainted with Mr. Taupin, a registered singer/songwriter on B&Bs record label and for sure as hell don't look like that pic the Hermit posted :lol: I look more like my avatar :D

Almost ready to hit a few PURCHASE buttons. West Coast Shaving did not have Palmolive stick so I'm having a bit of trouble finding it here in the States. Found a good price from England, but that Airmail fee is ridiculous. $2.25 usd for the stick and $25 usd for shipping :eek: Superlather.com has 2 sticks for $7.00 usd, so with shipping/tax it comes to $12.43 usd. Is that a good price?

Hi Twodogs, welcome to TSR.

Phil at Bullgoose sells just about anything you will need. He has a good range of brushes that cover most budgets too. <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.bullgooseshaving.net/shaving-soaps.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.bullgooseshaving.net/shaving-soaps.html</a><!-- m -->

Oops, I should have read the whole thd before replying :lol: Anyway, you are taken care of for now ;)

twodogs257 said:

So , what are you going to use as soap ?

fozz77 said:
Phil at Bullgoose sells just about anything you will need.

I don't know how Phil managed to get my order processed, shipped AND delivered from Huntington Beach California to Maryville Tennessee by Monday when I ordered on Saturday.....but he did. So now I get to try my hand at DE shaving tomorrow morning!

@ Damian: I'll be either using Palmolive stick or shave cream :D

Back
Top Bottom