Greetings from a Yank!

Hello all. I found this forum while doing research for DE's as I'm new to it. Actually, haven't even begun :D

What sparked my interest was my grandmother recently gave me my grandfather's shave kit he used over in England and Germany during WW2. It has OPTIMA-GERMANY etched under the head. I didn't want to use it since it was a keepsake, so I started shopping.

I think I'm going with the Merkur 34C after reading some threads over in the DE forum. What has me stumped is all the other stuff: blades, brush, soap, etc. So, any help would be much appreciated.

As far as a brush, from what I've read, the badger hair seems to be the most popular? Also, I've read that there is a trick to getting the later just right, so I'll have to journey over to that part of the forum and read up on that.

Anyhoo, this is great site, look forward to chatting with y'all and thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Elton
Tennessee USA

twodogs257 said:
Hello all. I found this forum while doing research for DE's as I'm new to it. Actually, haven't even begun :D

What sparked my interest was my grandmother recently gave me my grandfather's shave kit he used over in England and Germany during WW2. It has OPTIMA-GERMANY etched under the head. I didn't want to use it since it was a keepsake, so I started shopping.

I think I'm going with the Merkur 34C after reading some threads over in the DE forum. What has me stumped is all the other stuff: blades, brush, soap, etc. So, any help would be much appreciated.

As far as a brush, from what I've read, the badger hair seems to be the most popular? Also, I've read that there is a trick to getting the later just right, so I'll have to journey over to that part of the forum and read up on that.

Anyhoo, this is great site, look forward to chatting with y'all and thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Elton
Tennessee USA

Hello Elton, i have some questions for you...

1) Is your name really Jim ?
2) Have you been sent in here by Jim ?
3) Are you registered on Badger & Blade
4) do you look like this ?
image.php

If you answered NO to the above questions, then welcome to The Shaving Room ! :D :D

(yes i am nuts !!) ;)

Welcome to TSR, Elton.

Everything you need to know is here ... somewhere ... probably. Have a look at the stickies in "Shaving Help" in particular Antdad's guide to lathering, and try to find a blade sample pack. I think West Coast Shaving is the place to go for that in the States.

sunburyboy93 said:

1) Is your name really Jim ? NO
2) Have you been sent in here by Jim ? NO
3) Are you registered on Badger & Blade NO
image.php

NO

If you answered NO to the above questions, then welcome to The Shaving Room ! :D :D

(yes i am nuts !!) ;) That makes two of us! ;)

twodogs257 said:
sunburyboy93 said:

1) Is your name really Jim ? NO
2) Have you been sent in here by Jim ? NO
3) Are you registered on Badger & Blade NO
image.php

NO

(yes i am nuts !!) ;) That makes two of us! ;)

good to hear it !! :lol:

Welcome aboard mate, you will find lots of great advice and friendly banter here ;) :D

Hello Elton, welcome to ... the Room, I have some questions for you...

• 1) Is your name really Elton John?
      2) Have you been sent in here by Bernie Taupin to write a song about nostalgia, yearning and loss?
      3) Are you a registered singer-songwriter, on Badger & Blade's record label?
      4) do you look like this?[/list:u][/list:u]
      [attachment=0]

If the answer to these questions is 'armadillo' then you might have misread them....

Attachments

• Elton John 003 Spitting.png
    360 bytes · Views: 46
Y'alll are crazy. I don't know who this Jimmy guy is, nor am I Elton John. Unfortunately, my dad was a fan back in the early 70's and chose it as my middle name. Thought you all would get a kick out it. Also, I'm not acquainted with Mr. Taupin, a registered singer/songwriter on B&Bs record label and for sure as hell don't look like that pic the Hermit posted :lol: I look more like my avatar :D

Almost ready to hit a few PURCHASE buttons. West Coast Shaving did not have Palmolive stick so I'm having a bit of trouble finding it here in the States. Found a good price from England, but that Airmail fee is ridiculous. $2.25 usd for the stick and $25 usd for shipping :eek: Superlather.com has 2 sticks for $7.00 usd, so with shipping/tax it comes to $12.43 usd. Is that a good price?

Back
Top Bottom