Grand Seiko catalogue, 04/2013

GS (Grand Seiko) April 2013 brochure, Japanese version.

Prices shown are RRP in Japan, in JYen. You should estimate a 10-20% off these prices in places like Yodobashi Camera Store(s) or Bic Camera Store(s).

Lovely and selectively handmade timepieces, traditionally sold only in Japan, but now Seiko is making an opening and they are starting to promote them in places like Australia and the U.S.

Apologies for the lousy pics.

gscover_zps25959cf2.jpg

gs5_zps49ad745c.jpg

gs4_zpse2babb70.jpg

gs2_zps5f1f44c0.jpg

gs3_zps68d3ee6d.jpg

gs7_zpsb22b55aa.jpg

gs1_zps613625c1.jpg

gs11_zps43e23fb9.jpg

gs8_zpsa444141d.jpg

gs13_zps1eed00d2.jpg

gs12_zps4f78a57a.jpg

gs14_zps9d08c17b.jpg

(ctd.)

(ctd.)

[/u]
gs9xx_zps294101f9.jpg

gs97_zps55fe7b35.jpg

gs90_zps33f79f05.jpg

gs9gffhh_zpsef266593.jpg

gs9ert_zps7a541548.jpg

gs9cvcb_zps86eb9c5b.jpg

gs98_zps9feba795.jpg

gs99_zps069397cc.jpg

I had one from an earlier catalogue - super-duper, self-winding gizmo movement, available only iin Japan, a gift from a Japanese company I did work for, only wore it for special occasions - which was a pity because a burglar took it a few months later.

Strange feelings about that burglar - angry that s/he burgled my home and grateful that s/he did not junk it in the process - and pissed at him/her for not taking other stuff. How dare you turn your nose up at that piece? I was handed a note as I disembarked at Heathrow after three months in China - "Your home is secure again now".

Anyway, a fantastic range of watches!

Hmmm...I'm not over keen on the look of these. The models in the top half have crown guards that just look wrong to me and most of the bottom half models look rather dated designs.
Which is a shame as they have without doubt brilliant movement design, Seiko continue to be the thorn in the side of the Swiss watch industry.
I have just serviced my Fathers old Seiko Kinetic that I bought him when they were first released. A new power reserve capacitor, case & crystal polished. Bracelet cleaned, still doing him loyal service after 20 years of daily wear...Brilliant!

Sorry 'K' but not my cup of tea these :(

Thanks M.
Bechet, sorry to hear about the burglar, always a shame to be in that position (happened to my home as well in Greece but all watches were in the bank's safe deposit box...)
JC agree with you, they could certainly be much better looking, however they beat any Sub, GMT or Oyster hands down though.

GS watches need to be seen to be appreciated. They are stunning, and a real alternative choice to mainstream luxury brands. They have a wealth of history behind them, and are worth reading up on.

As well as their traditional mechanical watches they make some nice high quartz models and their Spring Drive technology is really interesting.

A GS is definitely jostling for the next place on my wrist/in the safe. They are even priced rand attractively!

Back
Top Bottom