got a neck like a grated chicken?

Sometimes it happens, youre looking forward to a straight forward shave and end up looking like you've exfoliated youre neck with course grade wire wool. It may be a rogue blade, you're in a hurry, not got youre mind on the job. It hurts and the last thing you want to do is splash a load of fire water on your neck. Maybe you're way ahead of me on this one, so I'm sorry if I've waffled on but the remedy for me on these odd occasions is germoline cream. It starts working the moment you apply it as it has a local anaesthetic and is antiseptic. Okay it's got a bit of a medicinal smell but that goes and most importantly so does the sting and it's cheap.

Thanks for the tip..... never thought of using germolene before.

My sure fire winner?

Old Spice Fresh Lime (Indian Shulton), if you mess up it does hurt like a bastard when applying, however, 5 minutes later and, for me anyway, you forget about the bad shape of your neck and get along with the day.

It has never failed me yet.

I guess you could also throw in the Superdrug own brand AS's as well.

Interesting tip.

On the rare occasion I have a rough one I use Alum*, witch hazel, alcohol based AS* then Boots ASB or moisturiser. Despite it being painful I find it works best for me to use an alcohol based splash but YMMV.

* My normal post shave routine

I suppose I was looking for the "get in on and calm down approach" though I have heard alum does do a good job and I've tried w/hazel and found that a good splash to use before a balm.

Back
Top Bottom