GorillaPod

Hello all,

Anyone here have/had a GorillaPod tripod?

I got one for my birthday, and I've only used it a couple of times around the house, and I really like it. It isn't massive, but holds the camera well, and the rubber on the feet seem to hold it very safely.

Has anyone tried one out before? I only have a little digital camera, whereas some of you own cameras more expensive than my car, and probably tripods more expensive than my car too! :icon_razz:

SmallBeard said:
Hello all,

Anyone here have/had a GorillaPod tripod?

I got one for my birthday, and I've only used it a couple of times around the house, and I really like it. It isn't massive, but holds the camera well, and the rubber on the feet seem to hold it very safely.

Has anyone tried one out before? I only have a little digital camera, whereas some of you own cameras more expensive than my car, and probably tripods more expensive than my car too! :icon_razz:

Yep, I've got one for my mid-size, mid range D-SLR. Impressive piece of kit, but I find it a touch awkward to position sometimes. However I'd not be without it now. I find it works really well (as with any tripod) when using the self timer, in order to remove any camera tremble. Definitely worthwhile piece of kit to have, no doubt.

Jon

I thought it was a bit awkward to start off with, especially as it comes basically wrapped in a ball in the package. It took me a fair old while just straightening it out! Some of the 'joints' are a bit awkward to move, but it's a clever and handy bit of kit.

I got mine mainly for self timer shots. It's handy when I go away with just the girlfriend as we normally go home with no together pictures, but now we will have some.

I did use it earlier for my group of new omega brush picture, more because it's my new toy than it being necessary :icon_razz:

ive got one for my g10,,,camera is too big weight wise..but can be used

ive got a manfrotto tripod i got new for not very much money.....well worth it

I have a Gorillapod which will hold my DSLR plus a hefty 24-105 lens. You can get different sized ones depending on the weight of the camera. I always have mine with me, especially when I don't have my big tripod.

I find they're good enough with a DSLR if you have a relatively small lens; problem is I use an 18/200 as a standard lens & unfortunately, the Gorilla doesn't really cut it with that (IMHO of course)

Back
Top Bottom