Goosed Techmatic

You know me, always looking at defunct old razors with proprietary systems and dreaming up ways to get a shave out of them with some modern blade, or a modification of some modern blade, well, I got a tip on the other place and thought I'd run with it ...

DSC08412.JPG

DSC08413.JPG

Suicidal blade presentation ... but that's the way I like it!

DSC08414.JPG

DSC08415.JPG

... but there's potential ...

DSC08416.JPG

If the top nubs were files down so that the blade could sit just behind what look like blade retaining lugs and snug up to the back, that might work ... yes, it would stick out of the sides still, but the edge could be snipped off with pliers and I think that with Government backing I could make it very silly.

Alas, this cartridge has a good edge and a LOT of life left in it, as does my other cartridge (still sealed and unboxed). I wonder, does anyone have a used, dud, defunct or otherwise unwanted Techmatic cartridge for me to take this concept further?

Get in touch, if you do :D

pjgh said:
You know me, always looking at defunct old razors with proprietary systems and dreaming up ways to get a shave out of them with some modern blade, or a modification of some modern blade, well, I got a tip on the other place and thought I'd run with it ...

DSC08412.JPG

DSC08413.JPG

Suicidal blade presentation ... but that's the way I like it!

DSC08414.JPG

DSC08415.JPG

... but there's potential ...

DSC08416.JPG

If the top nubs were files down so that the blade could sit just behind what look like blade retaining lugs and snug up to the back, that might work ... yes, it would stick out of the sides still, but the edge could be snipped off with pliers and I think that with Government backing I could make it very silly.

Alas, this cartridge has a good edge and a LOT of life left in it, as does my other cartridge (still sealed and unboxed). I wonder, does anyone have a used, dud, defunct or otherwise unwanted Techmatic cartridge for me to take this concept further?

Get in touch, if you do :D

Could be a poor mans "COBRA" in the making Paul..........:icon_razz:

Back
Top Bottom