Good cheap brush

What would be a good cheap brush? (for downstairs bathroom when I don't want to wake the kids up)
I'm thinking maybe Wilkinson Sword brush but I was a little dissappointed with the last one I had. It lost hairs big time. I was of the opinion that the bristles came from an oil refinery rather than a dead animal.
I realise that badger hair is out, my budget is about a fiver.
What could I get for a fiver? Plastic handle and goat pube bristles maybe.
Thanks

PS Good news, Betsi the cat has had the chop and is now very happy. Lleucu its kitten kicked the bucket but I think it was not in the best of health when we had her.

SirPrize said:
Echo that in spades.

Yes, get a spade, bury cat, put money normally spent on cat food towards brush.

Buy brush, dig up cat, if still alive, claim you rescued it. Rename Lucky.

Hey presto, decent brush and hero to wife and kids.

I'm very fond of the WS brush, its not great with creams but does a good job on soaps. I do find that it only just holds 2 passes worth of lather so I tend to give it a half dip in water and a quick swirl of the soap before lathering up for the 2nd and 3rd pass.

antdad said:
SirPrize said:
Echo that in spades.

Tony, i bet you used to pull the wings of insects when you were little !! :lol: :lol:

sunburyboy93 said:
antdad said:
SirPrize said:
Echo that in spades.

Tony, i bet you used to pull the wings of insects when you were little !! :lol: :lol:

Nope...burnt them off with a fag end. Grrrrrrrrr.

Pig Cat said:
If I were you I'd forget about the brush and put the money towards a decent bathroom cabinet.

Speaking of the hated new bathroom cabinet. The hinges of the middle door creak badly.
Anyway the solution is to move the tall brut aftershave and deodorant bottles to the downstairs bathroom. I have replaced them with a short lynx spray bottle and also a short bottle of witch hazel. I will buy short aftershave at some point.
Also the souffle dish which had to be kept on its side is also downstairs and has been replaced with a mug which is just about large enough to fit and also to swirl the brush.
The Vulfix 404 was a good recommendation and looks to be a good buy and may be my next purchase. However I have found a free solution. Keep the brush in the bedroom and depending on if the kids are sleeping or not, take the brush to the appropriate bathroom. :ugeek:

PS I liked the little cat. :(

Back
Top Bottom