Good buy After Shave Splash's

I thought I would add a 2nd category to Fido's "Aftershave Balm" thread...I got these down the street at local beauty supply store..$20 with tax aint a bad buy!..my wife commented her grandfather used the same Clubman scent Vegitol..for at least 30years...I was shocked.. :shave
370ml per bottle (12.5oz)

Blades

Attachments

• IMG_0113-2.JPG
    360 bytes · Views: 230
I'd love to try that Lime Sec, I think lime is one of the best morning scents going. It's far too dear once you add shipping in though. That's the cons of living the wrong side of the atlantic I guess, for that range anyway.

I can't think of too many cheap splashes this side of the pond that I like. I still like Brut but my wife won't let me wear it, she says it reminds her too much of her Dad. :(

Takes me back to the early sixties (19 rather than 18) when some of the local girls used to travel up to the Holy Loch @ Dunoon to spend time with American sailors on the Polaris subs. On occasion a few bottles of Clubman Pinaud were brought back, which fetched absurd prices in our area of Glasgow based on the (possibly apochrypal) fact that such heroes as Big Bob Mitchum & Henry Fonda favoured this brand.

JohnnyO. :cool:

Have to agree on the Lilac Vegetal.

Brilliant stuff.

If I could get that and/or Aqua Velva here for that kind of price (along with Williams Mug Soap) I'd be quite content.

It's on Amazon.co.uk for just 6 quid, but it's just over a tenner once you add postage. Gits.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.amazon.co.uk/Clubman-Lilac-Vegetal-After-Lotion/dp/B000TG82JG" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.amazon.co.uk/Clubman-Lilac-V ... B000TG82JG</a><!-- m -->

Well I really like Old Spice Whitewater, available from Tesco among others. Anyway this stuff is £8-9 and not only smells decent (not exactly sophisticated but very pleasant) it does a good job soothing the face after a shave.

Product Description
Old Spice Whitewater is clean and exhilarating, like a run through whitewater rapids. Splash it on anytime for a jolt of freshness.
:lol:

Pig Cat said:
Well I really like Old Spice Whitewater, available from Tesco among others. Anyway this stuff is £8-9 and not only smells decent (not exactly sophisticated but very pleasant) it does a good job soothing the face after a shave.

Pig Cat said:

Blades said:
Product DescriptionOld Spice Whitewater is clean and exhilarating, like a run through whitewater rapids. Splash it on anytime for a jolt of freshness. :lol:

I couldn't have put it better myself! :p

Proraso still tops my list, cheap if you buy a 400ml bottle for £20, and it can be used before any cologne or scent. Best of all it's skin case is one of the most effective around.

I'd still say Indian Old Spice (any variety really, my taste is Lime)

However it may be getting harder to source.

Over the counter stuffs here in the UK? The best off the shelf AS splash I've used is Superdrug Forest Fresh

Back
Top Bottom