GOLF

Gents only lady's forbidden. Discuss...

I don't know...I'm not the greatest fan or player and I know it's sexist but I quite like the idea of a men only sports club.

antdad said:
...cos it's a question about women's participation in a particular sport?

About 35 years ago I teamed up with a group of fellow male golfers with whom I became close friends. Then one by one, wives began taking the game up. We ended up as 8 couples, only one lady not becoming a golfer. There followed many years of golfing days and trips away to hotel and golf complexes. These were by far the most delightful times of my golfing life. The passing years have put an end to it as some of the group have passed away.

Each to their own in all things, but I enjoy being a member of a golf club where the relationships between both sexes is excellent and I would not wish to belong to a male only club - even if it was allowed.

Fido said:
Mikael said:
antdad said:
...cos it's a question about women's participation in a particular sport?

Sport being the main word here - golf = sport ... is boule a sport too? :D ;)

It is in my village - very serious business. We have an annual championship.

http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/news/4449197.Sway_Boule/

Well, I used to be in southern France, way back (ex wifes parents had a house there) and it was serious business there aswell, but a sport... :D

Nice to see that Harry Potters relatives lives in the Forest, even Nigel Long(bottom). We saw the new Harry Potter film the other day, so it´s fresh in mind :D

Back
Top Bottom