Gillette Thai Super Thin

This morning I shaved using a Gillette Thai Super Thin in a crappy wee Lux razor. The results were superb.

Bottom line. It isn't the razor, the brush, the soap/cream, hardness of your water. It is the blade that counts. The rest are peripheral details.

Gillette Thai Super Thin blades, the best blades currently being manufactured in the world. Discuss!

Regards

I agree - which is why I'm in covert negotiations with a work colleague in Singapore for a substantial quantity (despite SWMBO having decreed by #1 stash as too big and the forcing of the sale of some Derby blades - still plenty left for sale if anyone wants them) for trans-shipment to a secret location (my mum's house) and insertion by agent codename "dad" into #2 stash.

I didn't like em that much, but I take your point about a good blade being paramount.

Maybe you have just reached the next level of shaving conciousness Rangers san and you can use almost anything and get perfect results.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5kBqrHphjo&feature=related[/youtube]

antdad said:
I didn't like em that much, but I take your point about a good blade being paramount.

Maybe you have just reached the next level of shaving conciousness Rangers san and you can use almost anything and get perfect results.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5kBqrHphjo&feature=related[/youtube]

"Snatch the Merkur blade from my hand Grasshopper, it won't cut you, honest!"

Ian, I got mine from Dridiot, member here and an A1 trader. PM him and see what he says.

I am seriously thinking about flogging my Gillette Blues and Astra SP's. Got about 95 of each. They are very good, but......!

Shout for HM. He put us on to these.

Oh! HM, never mind your mum, send them to my house. They'll be in safe hands :twisted: :twisted:

Regards

hunnymonster said:
I agree - which is why I'm in covert negotiations with a work colleague in Singapore for a substantial quantity (despite SWMBO having decreed by #1 stash as too big and the forcing of the sale of some Derby blades - still plenty left for sale if anyone wants them) for trans-shipment to a secret location (my mum's house) and insertion by agent codename "dad" into #2 stash.

Is that a 10 or a 20 ft container HM? :lol:

hunnymonster said:
fozz77 said:
Is that a 10 or a 20 ft container HM? :lol:

I'll let you know when Maersk come back with the quote for delivery ex-Port of Tyne :lol:

FYI the department store i visited when i was last in Singapore has completely sold out of GST's as of two days ago. I bought 700 blades that day. That did not even make a dint in the box they were in. To sell all those, even if they had none left in stock is :eek: :eek: :eek:

Gave these a try yesterday.

Very nice indeed! My usual blades of late have been Feather, Crystals, Gillette Yellows and Iridiums.

Waiting to see how these fit in. Shave was smooth and uneventful, no nicks!

Although I love Feathers, I find myself not using them so much these days; I find them a bit too much for regular use. I save them for those days when I have a few days' growth, which they plough through with no effort. No other blade I've tried does that, but they're not for every day.

These Super Thins are definitely a contender for my every day blade!

I still have several unopened packs of other brands from my Connaught sampler from nearly two years ago. So many still to try, but unfortunately some are no longer available, which makes me not want to use them in case I like them too much! I'm still weeping over the demise of Swedes....

John

Back
Top Bottom