Gillette Super Silvers NOS - Thoughts

Im onto my second blade in the Slim adjustable today and really not enjoying it.

I quite honestly (naively) thought it would be as good as a Bleue Extra ( as they are in very similar packaging), but I dont think they are.

Anyone else tried them?

I tried them. Had the smoothness of the Bleue NOS but not as sharp. Was a bit disappointed. Went through a pack of 5 just to make sure. Would be an okay everyday blade if readily available cheaply I think.

You might be able to trade small consignments of them with other members here. That is, until you posted here about how crap they were! :)
Might work for some people though... and not a bad blade, just very 'meh'

Had the same experience with the orange pack from Vietnam. The Gillette super slims. I find that they're good for one shave but you need to find the razor that they will work in.
For the price I guess one shave is ok.

Im amazed how blades from the same manufacturer and same production line can vary so much.

Do they rush the job with some blades? Use cheaper tin? Give them to the YTS* lad to make while the regular crew have a tea break?

Its like the post office and second class mail? Do they just put it in a big pile and say "we'll deal with that after we have been down the pub for dinner?"

Back
Top Bottom