Gillette St.Petersburg DE Blade Production Moving?

'[P&G] said it is “significantly reducing’’ its Russian production to “basic health, hygiene and personal care items needed by the many Russian families.’’ '

The Russians came up with the Beard Tax, so if DE blades aren't included in things needed by the many Russian families I don't know what is. Although tbf the beard tax was quite a while ago, almost long enough for some on here to get through their stash.
It puts me in mind of a little 1942 verse by A. P. Herbert in "Punch", regarding the severe shortages and rationing of cosmetics and razor blades in Great Britain during the Second World War.

I see a day, before we win this war,
When razors-and cosmetics-are no more;
When whiskered bishops will unite in joy
The paintless maiden and the bearded boy.

The only thing I see that might happen is that proctor & gamble, vis-a-vis Gillette, will divest themselves of the St. Petersburg plant. Blades will continue to steam out the doors, but they may no longer carry the Gillette brand labelling. That's a worry for another day. Blades are one of the few things not restricted by the embargos this far, and huge amounts were ordered by dealers as soon as they saw that the invasion of Ukraine was going to last more than a few days.

Like multiple shipping container loads worth of blades. Maggard's, an American company, sold 6 1/2 pallet loads worth of Astra SP's just last year.

Edit: Gillette is not a majority owner of the St. Petersburg plant anyways, as far as I know, which makes their desires and needs rather moot.

Back
Top Bottom