Gillette Red Dot sold on eBay

IMO, these are purely collector items as they don't shave one whit different than a normal 'Fatboy' I'm sure, which in turn aren't all they're hyped up to be as a shaver. That's why they had a relatively short run. I own several 'Fatboys' and rarely if ever shave with one nowadays. It's sort of like riding an old Harley 'flathead', i.e., nostalgic and historic, but not for daily usage. ;)

IMO, these are purely collector items as they don't shave one whit different than a normal 'Fatboy' I'm sure, which in turn aren't all they're hyped up to be as a shaver. That's why they had a relatively short run. I own several 'Fatboys' and rarely if ever shave with one nowadays. It's sort of like riding an old Harley 'flathead', i.e., nostalgic and historic, but not for daily usage. ;)

This.

I flogged of all my Fatboys ....... The Red Dot was the only one I kept. That one on Fleabay wasn't that much of a surprise; International shipping is everything if you want to move a true collectible at a decent price.

Hehe ...... Good call ....... That indeed is where I get my nick from :D

Believe it or not, I got my Red Dot on Fleabay, from a US seller ......... For the princely sum of £24 BIN delivered! It looked like it had been painted in creosote, it was that dirty, but I recognised what it was right away. Unbelievably, it cleaned up absolutely pristine ...... So definitely one of my better scores.

Back
Top Bottom