Gillette Fatboy DE Razor First Use & Thoughts (Head Shave)

D

Deleted member 12673

hey people so I just used my Gillette Fatboy with a feather de razor

so started off testing the waters thought i'd have a go at number 4 then went straight to number 9,
straight away knew i'd be pretty much stuck on number 9 most the shave

number 9 just took everything off with ease, bare in mind im a head shaver with thick and coarse hair

ive also got a gillette slim and black beauty long handle but two thing stuck out for me with this fatboy and that was the weight and that it was very smooth

i could imagine it being even more smoother with a smoother blade like say the nacet for example

im wondering what number setting do you people usually use the fatboy on?

forgot to say i used the sample i had of paa cavendish shaving soap,
first ever time using paa shaving soap, really good stuff

I use a slim on a 5 setting but can easily use it on a 9, bearing in mind beard hair is harder/more wirey than head hair.
I cut my own hair with wahl clippers and tidy up back of neck with a de without soap or water, no way I could shave my beard without soap that would be agony.

...I cut my own hair with wahl clippers and tidy up back of neck with a de without soap or water,...

SS7kNVT.jpg

I use a slim on a 5 setting but can easily use it on a 9, bearing in mind beard hair is harder/more wirey than head hair.
I cut my own hair with wahl clippers and tidy up back of neck with a de without soap or water, no way I could shave my beard without soap that would be agony.
wonder if anyone has done a 'dry' shave, as in no shaving soap or cream

Try it and let us know how you get on....
Nah not brave enough to do a complete head shave without any lubrication lol

I think a little area would be fine but not the whole head, wouldn't be surprised if someone out there does it though

Number 9? In my world only buses are number 9. Sometimes you need a little Gillette, sometimes you need a lot (to the tune of a hairspray commercial from ages back).

I use the Fatboy on 5, stepping down to 3 for final ATG. Lovely smooth shave, I'm using Wickham at the moment.

I've still got enough hair on my head to only be shaving my face (unless you're taller than me LOL!) At some point when it gets any thinner up there I'll take the comb off my clippers and have done with it, but the Hotmetalette is dead against it and she's having a pretty tough time just now so I'm not going to give her anything else to be upset about.

It's a Voskhod in there at the moment but I will probably put a Nacet in tomorrow.

No matter how hard I try I cannot get a good shave from a Fatboy, it’s always felt uncomfortable and harsh no matter what blade I use.
I’ve got three of them and one of them is Rhodium plated, might have to move them on.

Dave.
Do find the same with the slim or black beauty? If you've got those to compare

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought the Black Beauty was your favourite ?
Yea before I used the Fatboy but now I'm not too sure

The slim and black beauty feel the same to me, just prefer the bb due to the longer handle, I do want to try out a short handle bb to see how it compares to the slim

Back
Top Bottom