Gillette Contour/Atra Metal Handle

Still use a Cartridge Razor when pressed for time........got a Contour Metal Handle Code E 1 and a Contour (Old style same shape) Plastic Handle..

Seems i can rush a shave when using a Cartridge, when trying to do a quick shave with a DE it's like a horror film !!

Any of you boys use one......??
[attachment=1]
[attachment=0]

Steve

Nice handle i was just lamenting the fact i threw my old handle out..

How quick do you class as a shave?

I find i can do a two pass shave with a new feather blade in my feather travel razor in about 5 minutes.

There was a time mind when i could do shower shave and dress in 15 minutes.. but now my toothbrush times me for two minutes..

I've got a GII and Contour. When I found these forums I switched over to DE/brush/soap after using cartridges and cans for many many years. I'll never go back to using canned lather but will use a cartridge on occasions like travelling. The less blades the better, I don't think I'll be getting a Mach3 or a Fusion.

Pete

Millay said:
Nice handle i was just lamenting the fact i threw my old handle out..

How quick do you class as a shave?

I find i can do a two pass shave with a new feather blade in my feather travel razor in about 5 minutes.

There was a time mind when i could do shower shave and dress in 15 minutes.. but now my toothbrush times me for two minutes..

A normal shave with my Fatboy, with Palmo Cream takes 20 mins, i can be done with a Contour and Palmo in 5 mins

I am comfortable with my technique taking 20 Mins during the week, on a weekend i take half an hour plus !! (hot towl, Nice soap, nice slow shave)

Don't ever use canned crap whatever i shave with always Cream / Soap & Lather up...

Steve

Got the new version of the Contour called Vector and Superdrug sell blades for it (which also fit GII handles) for a couple of quid.

Used mine a couple of weeks ago when I was away for a weekend.

Nice and easy to use. Bish, bash, bosh. Done.

I might have enough DE blades to last me 75 years and a perfectly serviceable straight razor but I still like to shave with GII, Contour, Sensor and Mach3 now and then.

joe mcclaine said:
Got the new version of the Contour called Vector and Superdrug sell blades for it (which also fit GII handles) for a couple of quid.

Used mine a couple of weeks ago when I was away for a weekend.

Nice and easy to use. Bish, bash, bosh. Done.

I might have enough DE blades to last me 75 years and a perfectly serviceable straight razor but I still like to shave with GII, Contour, Sensor and Mach3 now and then.

Tesco do a Platic/Metal Double Blade Cartridge Razor made in Israel (by Personna i guess) Black and Grey or Just Black (see pic), it comes with 20 GII compatible blades all for a couple of quid, i stocked up just for the blades alone it's worth it

Maybe this is possible because the patents for the Contour and GII have expired.

In a few more years we'll be picking up packs of Mach3-compatible cartridges for a couple of quid

As well as the Gillette cartridges I have seen Israeli Personna and Dorco Cartridges for much lower prices. However all these cartridges have the lube strip. Has anyone seen any without it?

sunburyboy93 said:
Tesco do a Platic/Metal Double Blade Cartridge Razor made in Israel (by Personna i guess) Black and Grey or Just Black (see pic), it comes with 20 GII compatible blades all for a couple of quid, i stocked up just for the blades alone it's worth it

I did the same a while ago. I noticed buying the razor with 20 carts was only slightly dearer than the 6 cart refills. Bloke on the checkout gave me a funny look buying 10 of 'em :D

I don't have a GII handle for them but what I do have is a TOBS compatable one I found on an ebay trawl.

Thanks Guys, I've been googling around trying to find a source of Personna Contour cartridges to compare with the Tesco cheapies that I picked up a couple of weeks ago ........ now I know they're the same thing I'll just go back and clear the shelf. Sorted for cartridges for those rush morning jobs and sorted for handles for travelling. If only I could find my original 1990 metal handle that I swear is in the loft somewhere ...... nevermind, I've just bought an older one in a 3 razor job lot on ebay for a tenner!

Back
Top Bottom