Gillette Bleue Extra

Was surfing t-bay (I am considering today a duvet day at work) and came accross these <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230553837473" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0553837473</a><!-- m -->" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; . Are they the much praised Swedish blades I have heard about? or some other country of origin?

Cheers

Sam

Not swedes , but highly regarded.They're NOS ,not the same as the currently manufactured ones as far as I know.
I think they are good ,sharp smooth nice shaves.Well worth getting them.

antdad said:
Those Bleue's were Swedish made

Gillette didn't make razor blades outside Germany or Poland for about 10 years prior to 2007/8... gradually they've moved the production east in search of ever-cheaper labour, usually DE blades moving first (Lodz "old" factory was DE, but is now churning out Mach3, Berlin was churning out Mach3 but is now churning out Fusion...)

And they are mine all mine
Mwahahahahaahhar..... :lol:

I like them.
A LOT.
They just get a bit sticky with age as they are coated with oil so can be a bit o a pain to get out of the tuck.
I now have 800 of them..... :roll:

hunnymonster said:
antdad said:

Gillette didn't make razor blades outside Germany or Poland for about 10 years prior to 2007/8... gradually they've moved the production east in search of ever-cheaper labour, usually DE blades moving first (Lodz "old" factory was DE, but is now churning out Mach3, Berlin was churning out Mach3 but is now churning out Fusion...)

I have no idea why I wrote that, the US market just happened to be served with the Scandinavian Gillette distributors on the back of the packaging and hence the "Swede" was forever mislabelled.

antdad said:
hunnymonster said:
antdad said:

I have no idea why I wrote that, the US market just happened to be served with the Scandinavian Gillette distributors on the back of the packaging and hence the "Swede" was forever mislabelled.

It's even worse... if you read the back of a "fabled Swede" - the list of addresses is as follows:

Code:
EMB 92693
Levallois-Ferrer Cedex,
Espoo-Esbo, København,
London TW7 5NP, Oslo,
Stockholm

which presumably some bright spark thought was an address in Stockholm....

hunnymonster said:
It's even worse... if you read the back of a "fabled Swede" - the list of addresses is as follows:

Code:
EMB 92693
Levallois-Ferrer Cedex,
Espoo-Esbo, København,
London TW7 5NP, Oslo,
Stockholm

which presumably some bright spark thought was an address in Stockholm....

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1plIgEbggSs[/youtube]

Max

They have been delivered to my house, but not back until Friday night. Delivery was pretty speedy considering the state of deliveries at the moment.

Father Ted said:
they are coated with oil so can be a bit o a pain to get out of the tuck.

I have not had much drama getting them out but I tried to use an empty one as a used blade bank because that's what I do when I got used blades coming out of a cardboard box.Now I spent 30min trying to stick a used blade inside one of thee dispensers and I was defetead,they've must have thought this one through :twisted:

Back
Top Bottom