Gillette Aristocrat ?

Hi Guys

I just found a razor that I was given a long time ago by my grandfather, I think it is a Gillette Aristocrat, I would like to find out how old it is, but there is not much info on the razor, only Patent Pending inside the head and underneath Gillette Made in England. I found the Gillette date list on B+B but I can't seem to find a match. If anyone can give me more info on this razor I would be grateful. I have attached three pics.

Cheers

Adrian

Attachments

• DSCF0527.JPG
    DSCF0527.JPG
    114 KB · Views: 110
  • DSCF0528.JPG
    DSCF0528.JPG
    109.8 KB · Views: 93
  • DSCF0529.JPG
    DSCF0529.JPG
    106.4 KB · Views: 90
I would say it's a Gillette Aristocrat No 22..............................i think :?:

and a very nice looking thing it is too !!!!, and even nicer that your Grandad gave it to you, deffo a keeper in my view

http://www.mr-razor.com/Rasierer/One-Piece solid guard bar/1949 Aristocrat No22.JPG

1949%20Aristocrat%20No22.JPG

Thanks Sunburyboy, I shaved with it yesterday with a feather blade and it was very nice. I will be keeping this not only for sentimental reasons but it also seems like a great shaver.

Yes, it is recommended you keep this one.

Even if you change your preferences weeks or months down the line and decide to go the straight / Fusion / whatever other way again, you should not sell this as you will most likely regret doing so.

Few of us who had such nice razors and did sell them, only found out later on we should have preferably not done so.

Back
Top Bottom