Gillette 7 O'Clock Sharp Edge Yellows

Hi Chaps,

What is the general Consensus on these babies ?

Got an itch to try them so just bought 250, as have been using my beloved Supermax for ages now just fancied a change...........

gillette-7-o-clock-sharpedge__26982_zoom.jpg

I used these last night in my ej de89l. It was lovely.

I find I get a rough first shave on them in my superspeed but then the other 2 are lovely. I could even push a 4th shave out of these too.

I love them, my favourite blade. They're sharp and smooth, but best of all they're consistent... very good QC.

I've not pushed one past 3 shaves yet, the one cued up for tomorrow morning is on day 2 so far... but at 10p or so per blade I'm not too bothered if 3 is the max.

sunburyboy93 said:
..... see you and Simmo got them from the same place ;)

If it's the seller I'm thinking of I've had 4 lots off him too, not that you'd recognise my seller ID. £4:99 for 50 blades yes? Postage at 99p for second class.

Hiya,

The Iridium blade is one I use the most, but that SharpEdge performs just about like the Iridiums. Truth be told, I have a hard time telling em apart.

Martin

"No doubt they will soon go out of production"

According to the internet rumours I thought production of all Petersburg blades had ceased not just Iridiums.

I'm still staggered that all available stock of Iridiums disappeared on the basis of internet rumours.

I used to really like these blades and I used them almost exclusively throughout 2010.

I tried out some other Gillettes in November and December and now when I switch back to the Yellows I can't get as good a shave. To be honest, I reckon it is the winter and being stuck inside in a centrally heated house that is making my skin more sensitive. Stroll on summer is all I can say :)

PeterFranks said:
"
I'm still staggered that all available stock of Iridiums disappeared on the basis of internet rumours.

Hi there,

Yeah, it sure didn't take long for em to become extinct for now. Seems like there was a ten day window or so before everyone was sold out. Heh, Paul must have sold a bazillion and probably coulda sold twice that many.

I was around for the last weird Iridium drought, and that one lasted about six months or so.

Martin

I like the yellows and have about 200 of them.
Whether I bother getting any more is open to debate as I have shed loads of blades at the mo and really cant justify buying them on the basis that they may stop being available. I have nearly 800 Bleue Extras to get through and by the time I have got through that lot Im either going to be dead or there will be something else to buy and stock up on. Like Gillette Thins.... Or Crowns....

Back
Top Bottom