Getting there...

Well, just over two weeks of DE shaving and definitely making progress. The last week has been a bit of a learning curve, I was getting inconsistent results ,ie, part of face felt BBS others a bit rough. After a bit of research and experimentation I realised that I wasn't being consistent with the angle I held the razor. Now got that sorted :D

However, correcting blade angle so that it actually cut hairs resulted in numerous weepers on neck area :cry:. On research and reflection I realised likely culprit was too much pressure on the blade (although I felt I wasn't applying any pressure). So, today got correct blade angle and no pressure - RESULT! Managed closest shave yet with no weepers or irritation.

Just felt the need to share...

Keep working at it - you sound as though you are getting the feel of how to do it correctly, but don't get complacent. Keep concentrating on consistent angle and no pressure.

Well done. We all still get a little complacent sometimes... well okay, I do. :)
I sometimes apply a bit too much pressure, the odd tiny nick is a good reminder to get back to the very basics.

Canuck said:
Well done. We all still get a little complacent sometimes... well okay, I do. :)
I sometimes apply a bit too much pressure, the odd tiny nick is a good reminder to get back to the very basics.

Got my angle a bit steep today and have some razor burn to prove it - it happens to the best of us. :oops:

Back
Top Bottom