German Psycho safety razor?

Hi alls.

Ten days ago I purchased a very unusual safety razor (i thinks so) tha arrived today. It looks similiar to a Merkur 34HD. The safety bar looks a slightly different shape. Sorry for the bad quality of my pics, my camera is a rabish.

PsychoAlemana002.jpg

PsychoAlemana003.jpg

PsychoAlemana004.jpg

However the mark engraved is GRAFCO-GERMANY. You must believe me because I can't take a good pic. On the head's fixed part you can see a "4" engraved too.

An other difference is the third piece.

PsychoAlemana011.jpg

PsychoAlemana012.jpg

It's a key to open the razor and change the blade. You have to use the key to remove or change the blade. Key is included. These were used in psycho wards and maybe in penitentiaries. It's a similar idea that the Gillette Psycho but with a different tool. Some more pics using the key:

PsychoAlemana005.jpg

PsychoAlemana006.jpg

PsychoAlemana007.jpg

PsychoAlemana008.jpg

PsychoAlemana009.jpg

PsychoAlemana010.jpg

It's a kind of german "Psycho" from Eastern Germany but I'm not sure. Can be made before the fall of the Berlin Wall.

If you have some information about I'll be glad to hear it.

Interesting, looks like a 34C. The knurled knob can normally be pulled out of the handle without damaging, it's held in by a spring sleeve. Nice find, I've not seen one like that, there are a couple of German razor forums that might be worth a try for info.

Audiolab said:
Never seen one before, very interesting to look at. Thanks for posting this, have you used it yet?
You are welcome. No yet, maybe this week after a deep cleaning. For sure you will see in the Shave of the
Day. :shave

Back
Top Bottom