Geo F. Trumper coconut shaving cream.A really famous cream.

P1220636.jpg

Thanks to Phil and www.bullgooseshaving.com (as always,an outstanding service!!!) I now own this tube of one of the most famous creams made in UK : the Geo F. Trumper coconut.

I had the chance to try in the past several samples of it,from tubes and from the Trumpers sample pack,and I did consider it one of the best made in UK (or Creightons creations) shaving creams,with the TOBS Avocado.

According to one of the members of my shaving forum,the Trumper creams from tubes are slightly different than the ones from the tubs,thing that its not really new,since there's differences in other brands,like TOBS or AoS regarding their lines of shaving creams in tubes and tubs,always performing the ones form the tubs slightly better than the ones from the tubes.

P1220639.jpg

This cream comes in a handy presentation of 75 ml ,perfect for traveling or if you don't want to occupy much space in your bathroom cabin, and has a price of 18 dollars.The one in the tub has a price of 30 dollars,being a better deal,specially since you only need a little bit of cream to make tons of lather from it.

The ingredients are the same than the one from the tub:

P1220638.jpg

and we can see that shares the almost the same formulation with other shaving creams from TOBS or T&H.I wonder if they would get rid of the parabens in the next future.

I have read somewhere people saying that this cream is richer in Stearic Acid than the rest of the 3Ts,others that its the higher concentration of Coconut Acid which makes it more "greasy" than the regular 3 Ts creams : I must say that I remember this cream more slicker and denser than the rest of the Trumper line and identical to the TOBS Avocado in skin care protection.

P1220640.jpg

This cream its really thick,like the ones from the tubs,and its so easy to make lather from it!I thought that I was making lather from a dishwasher detergent,and no,this cream doesn't have SLE/SLES on its formulation,so we know that we don't need those chemicals to make a good,rich,stable lather.

As I said earlier,a drop of cream makes lather for,at least,5 DE passes,providing a lot of slickness and that "greasy" feeling that I was referring earlier.

The scent its pretty "Caribbean" style,giving you the impression of being close to a beach and smelling the coconuts when they get cut in the middle...One of my friends say that smells like "Hawaiian Tropic" after sun,but I really like Hawaiian Tropic!

P1230643.jpg

The shave was really good,as I did remember this cream,giving me a really close shave and leaving my skin not really dry after it,which its really important,since I have a dry skin.I find it much better than many of the Made in UK shaving creams.Its scent also lasted during the shave and even after it.Nice,I really like that fresh cut coconut scent!

Anyway,this is one of the most famous shaving creams made in UK and there's a couple reasons why : good skin care and a pleasurable fresh coconut scent.If you haven't try it,maybe its time to.

And,well I don't have a tub of this cream to compare with this tube one,but I would say that,as far as my memory goes, this tube shaving cream performs the same than the one from the tub,but there is only a way to find it out.....

It's a very nice cream. I have a tube that I have been neglecting, but used it ealier in the week with great results. It may well make a more regular appearance!

Ian

trainman said:
I too have and enjoy using this cream however,i find it a little disturbing that they feel the need to put "Caution:for external use only",what the hell have some people been doing with it!!!!.

Dave.

Well, it smells very edible, so maybe that's the reasoning.

Ian

NotTheStig said:
Ah, I missed that warning. I'd better stop sticking it up my arse then

Just the cream or the entire tube?

I used the Coconut Cream this morning, and I am convinced that if you walked up to somebody with a bit of it on the end of your finger and said "taste that", they'd sniff it, and then eat it. If I hadn't just eaten a large bowl of Musli, I may well have tried it myself!!

Ian

It's one I will try out. However, is coconut acid the main ingredient which makes a shaving cream 'coconut'? I was looking at the old Erasmic coconut shaving cream and the ingredients specifically state coconut oil.

I've just been browsing and coconut oil contains coconut acid, or lauric acid. So I guess anything containing coconut acid would be derived from coconut oil.

This and MDC are really the main two creams or soaps on my 'MUST HAVE' list.

Naturally, there are plenty others that are on a 'would quite like to have' wishlist.

Hiya,

Man........it's probably been years since I last used this cream. Tell you the truth, I can't remember how it performed...sheesh. Pretty helpful eh?

I mostly wanted to comment on the scent and mention how very wispy the coconut fragrance is.......it's almost like an afterthought. I found myself straining to get more of a scent to the stuff (more dilligent huffing), but it's an elusive one. Yeah, don't be expecting something that smells like a day at the beach or toasted coconut or anything like that. This stuff is very dry and subtle.

There's not many good coconut soaps/creams I've sniffed. Seems like everyone has their own take on what that fragrance should smell like and some are too sweet and others have weird notes added to the mix. Best one (soap) I tried was made by JoAnna at The Shave Den. Nice straight ahead version with plenty of pop, and a good performer as well.

Martin

Just found one of those tiny 10 pence piece sized sample pots of this under my bed and not being a cream fan was about to chuck it when I decided to give it a go.

One shave used about 2/3 of the pot and the result? Bloody amazing. I don't think I've ever had a slipperier (slippier?) lather - the razor (f.t. Rocket with Feather on a third run out) was so well lubricated that even repeated buffing over the top lip / under the schnozzle resulted in no rash or burn. I could feel the slippiness and am extremely impressed.

I combined the remaining 1/3 with some M de C this morning but tbh it was better yesterday at 100% pure.

I am genuinely astonished.

More please!

Back
Top Bottom