Gentlemen, hello

lesed said:
Thank you all so much for the welcome. I do have a few questions that I'm sure the great font of knowledge here could answer:

1. After shaving with the grain and then across the grain my neck and under my nose (nowhere else) feels like its on fire, I use Nivea post shave balm or L'Oreal post shave (works a little better than Nivea) which cools the irritation for 20 mins or so I then need to apply more, how or what should I use instead of Nivea?

2. What is the benefit or otherwise of an adjustable safety razor?

Thank you

1.Try those areas with just one pass wtg, see if the irritation persists. If not, add in a second pass, wtg. Not everyone needs to go ATG to get a good result. Have you face mapped? (observed which direction the beard actually grows) - you may find that what you think is WTG is actually ATG and vice versa.
2. I'm watching the replies to your question 2 cos like Manuel in Fawlty Towers, I know nothing!

Ainslie

ps. It might be worth re-posting these questions in Shaving Help, cos it kind of gets lost here in the Welcome forum.

1.Try those areas with just one pass wtg, see if the irritation persists. If not, add in a second pass, wtg. Not everyone needs to go ATG to get a good result. Have you face mapped? (observed which direction the beard actually grows) - you may find that what you think is WTG is actually ATG and vice versa.
2. I'm watching the replies to your question 2 cos like Manuel in Fawlty Towers, I know nothing!

Ainslie

ps. It might be worth re-posting these questions in Shaving Help, cos it kind of gets lost here in the Welcome forum.
Gingerpose

Thanks for this, yes I have mapped the growth and I have reposted

Back
Top Bottom