Gentlemen, hello

Hello all, Just joined after stubbling across the forum whilst searching for a decently priced shaving brush! Have switched to a safety razor after lining the pockets of the Gillette company for far too many years, I have actually started to enjoy shaving! using a Parker with a cheapo Wilkinson sword brush and Taylor sandlewood (xmas pressie)

Hello and welcome to TSR! :D Can I be the first who say: buy a New Forest brush, if you´re in the market for a brush. You won´t need to buy another brush after that. Fido here makes them ... :D

lesed said:
... Just joined after stubbling across the forum ...
I like that, a lot. :lol:

Welcome Lesed, hope you enjoy the forum. Whilst I absolutely concur with Mikael about the New Forest brushes, it's worth mentioning that we also have at least three custom makers here, any of whom could do you proud if you fancied going down that route.

Thank you all so much for the welcome. I do have a few questions that I'm sure the great font of knowledge here could answer:

1. After shaving with the grain and then across the grain my neck and under my nose (nowhere else) feels like its on fire, I use Nivea post shave balm or L'Oreal post shave (works a little better than Nivea) which cools the irritation for 20 mins or so I then need to apply more, how or what should I use instead of Nivea?

2. What is the benefit or otherwise of an adjustable safety razor?

Thank you

Back
Top Bottom