Gem Featherweight

Yes, very nice little razor. Different that the '12 , I little more like a nice injector razor, but still in the Gem Ever-ready family.

newageshaver said:
Thanks chaps...I'll post how I get on with it.

Quite liked this razor.....as you'd imagine I found it much lighter than the SE's I've tried. I think i'll use it now and then. Nice and close but no injuries....this is not a voodoo razor.

newageshaver said:
Quite liked this razor.....as you'd imagine I found it much lighter than the SE's I've tried. I think i'll use it now and then. Nice and close but no injuries....this is not a voodoo razor.

Me too, was my first SE-razor. Got me in to SE-shaving.

I have one that I haven't used yet - in fact, nobody has ever used it and the card is still in it where the blade goes.

But I'm not going to keep it that way - I'll give it a go for my next shave (which will be Saturday) and I'll let you know what I think.

Alan

Well, I reckoned I had enough stubble to give the Featherweight a go this evening...

I used a Gem blade that had already had some use - I'd already done 2 or 3 face shaves with it, and I shaved my head with it last week (using an Open Comb Micromatic).

And the shave was really good - WTG and XTG passes, plus a bit of ATG buffing in a couple of areas, left me near baby-smooth.

The Featherweight is clearly more cheaply made than the earlier models, with pressed metal parts and a moulded plastic handle, but that doesn't mean it isn't a great razor. It seemed modestly aggressive without being excessive, and is quite nicely balanced. All in all, I was very impressed by it.

Alan

Back
Top Bottom