Gannet Alert - Moisturiser

I'm not sure how two replies to PMs turned up in this thread.

I must point out that this is a moisturiser - it doesn't actually "combat" oily skin.

Also upthread I put "orangeflower water" - ahould have been rosemary water.

Many thanks for this offer Briallen.
Sample arrived Thursday so top marks for a quick delivery. Had a little sniff of the pot to whet my appetite and found it to have a mild chemical/hospital type scent. Not to worry i thought, it`s here to do a job, and we all use aftershave don`t we.
Usual night time shave routine as follows;

7:30pm , pre cans of Stella, wash and rinse. Gillette slim loaded with a feather, on it`s 5th day so close to the edge. Superlather using Palmolive lemon scent cream mixed on Pecksniffes oriental soap. 3 pass shave, warm rinse, cold rinse then allum block. Felt a very mild tingle with the allum, nothing to worry about, as I said the feather was on day 5. Dried my face then as per usual I dipped my fingers into the moisturiser. It looks and feels like a slightly watered down version of Brylcreem. Applied to 3 fingers of both hands then gently massage onto face. It spreads well, very well. Immediately the chemical smell has gone, there`s nothing, so it won`t clash with your favourite aftershave. I must have got the quantity just right because it covered my face with leaving no greasy residue, not on the face nor the fingers. No grease, no shine, no dryness, no irritation, no conflicting aroma, just a nice clean skin .
Friday morning came with a quick wash, then a dab on the face without shaving. Same as yesterday, no dryness, no grease or oily patches, just clean skin. Shave in the evening , as yesterday but with a fresh feather. Same result, soft clean skin.
I`m going to stick with this for the week , same routine changing nothing but for a new blade and I`ll see how it goes , but for now I`m impressed.

Post shave, Stella time. :D

Harleyrider said:
Many thanks for this offer Briallen.
Dried my face then as per usual I dipped my fingers into the moisturiser. It looks and feels like a slightly watered down version of Brylcreem. Applied to 3 fingers of both hands then gently massage onto face. It spreads well, very well. Immediately the chemical smell has gone, there`s nothing, so it won`t clash with your favourite aftershave. I must have got the quantity just right because it covered my face with leaving no greasy residue, not on the face nor the fingers. No grease, no shine, no dryness, no irritation, no conflicting aroma, just a nice clean skin .
Friday morning came with a quick wash, then a dab on the face without shaving. Same as yesterday, no dryness, no grease or oily patches, just clean skin. Shave in the evening , as yesterday but with a fresh feather. Same result, soft clean skin.
I`m going to stick with this for the week , same routine changing nothing but for a new blade and I`ll see how it goes , but for now I`m impressed.

Thanks for the writeup (hope the little pot lasts the week for you).

The intial fragrance is from the Rosemary Hydrosol/Floral Water and the small amount (0.5% of total weight - I rarely use more than that in products for the face) of Juniperberry and Cedarwood essential oils.

I've used this twice now, last night about an hour after my shave before I went to bed, and early this morning before work. I'm very impressed.

Briallen said:
The intial fragrance is from the Rosemary Hydrosol/Floral Water and the small amount (0.5% of total weight - I rarely use more than that in products for the face) of Juniperberry and Cedarwood essential oils.

I must be quite unusual in that I really like that initial fragrance, kind of medicinal, but nice. I put too much on last night and it left my skin a bit greasy, but I used less this morning and it absorbed straight in, and seemed to last all day.

Any plans to actually sell this Elaine?

quattrojames said:
Any plans to actually sell this Elaine?
It's already for sale - currently from wherever I have a stall (but the ladies don't seem to like it and the men never look!).

I'll go find the appropriate place to make an offer to TSR members (I might be persuaded to give an extra discount to those who've tested it!)

Hi Elaine! I used your moisture cream a couple of times now - after the AS in the morning and it feels ok, not to fat for me it seems. In the evenings it´s nice aswell and I like the smell of it and I get soft skin (why do an image of "the Silence of the lambs" pops up in my mind? :lol:), not to creamy or to fat . I´m not sure how it would work, for me, on a warm and humid day though.

As the pampared wet shavers we are, you should think creams like this should fit right in! And maybe it does, but I´m not not much of a cream guy, it seems :eek: :lol:.

Bottom line: I like it: my skin gets softer and not to fat + I like the (medichal like) scent. The few times I feel that my skin is to dry, I mix Proraso and AS after the shave (this could do aswell). This would be perfect at night, after the evening wash, if I feel dry (very selldom do though).

Thanks Elaine, for the pleasue of being your Gannet :lol:

I like the smell of this , juniper is'nt too strong .Overall fresh clean smell.
I have been using the Moisturiser on my hands, (I have eczaema on my left hand )
Application is not greasy and absorbs pretty fast,does'nt feel greasy like some other products.
Works well at keeping the "troubled" areas clear. I tend to apply moisturiser several times a day as needed a small amount at a time as needed. Works well for me as a moisturisers and it has a really nice (to me) smell. Win.

Back
Top Bottom