Futur users. How do you hold yours?

On a more serious note, the Futur enters my cycle this week (with one of antsy's Kai blades)... so I'll give a proper answer later.

Thumb in the groove, with my four fingers spread over the length of the shaft (okay Pig Cat, do your worst). ;)

Depending on the stroke, it's thumb and forefinger right at the top and sometimes its at the end. It's such a well balanced razor it can be manipulated pretty much anyway that suits.

Smell The Glove said:
Thumb in the groove, with my four fingers spread over the length of the shaft (okay Pig Cat, do your worst). ;)

Stop it! I think I'm going to have to calm down a bit with the innuendos as my reputation is becoming something of a responsibility to perform regularly. Did I just say 'perform regularly'? :?

Okay, my grip sounds a bit like Stevie's. Thumb and forefinger tips at the "waist" of the razor, the other two fingertips resting further down the shaft, and my little finger teasing around the very bottom of the razor; it seems I use my little finger to adjust the angle of the razor slightly around the pivot that's made by my thumb and forefinger tips.

Never really thought about it before, giving it some thought I would say that my grip changes on the area I am shaving but I am left handed so probably not the best yard stick on this subject.

I'm left-handed too, don't knock yourself. We skeggies must stick together.

Having said that, my lead shaving hand is my right, how weird. I do, however, find it easy enough to be a shaving ambidextronaut.

I'm also left-handed but shave right-handed. It's handy <groan> being able to do the awkward bits by changing the razor over to my left hand. Do we have many lefties on TSR, I wonder?

Back
Top Bottom