Futur users. How do you hold yours?

How do you hold your Futur?

I find that holding it the same way as my HD, at the bottom, makes the Futur too heavy on the head. I have found that there is a perfect balance point in the "waist" of the razor.

What do you fellas think?

AJP said:
I tend to have finger and thumb in the "groove" it has. The rest of my fingers fall below it then.
+1

andyjreid said:
I've just realised that this post has "cheese_dave and pig_cat take the piss" written all over it.
Why its a perfectly valid question? Its always tricky knowing how best to handle something heftier and with a larger head than you are used to :eek:

andyjreid said:
I've just realised that this post has "cheese_dave and pig_cat take the piss" written all over it.
As if they would :lol: :lol:

I hold mine with the stem resting lightly on the palm of my hand and my finger and thumb in the groove to steer it. The smooth looks are deceptive - the Futur does not require a death grip - I have never dropped it yet now matter how soapy or wet my hands are

Edit: that's mine in the centre of my avatar

At the 'waist' of the handle with my thumb and the side of my forefinger, and below that part resting in the palm of my hand.

Ian

cheese_dave said:
andyjreid said:
Two pages in and neither myself nor PC have done any such thing. I feel hurt.

I'm with you buddy. Personally I can't see anything funny here. 'How do you hold yours'? What could possibly be rude about that? :?

Having said that... I think I mentioned in a previous post somewhere that I'm a drummer by passion. Drumming is a lot about limb independance, but also about the balance of the WOOD IN YOUR HAND. Though it may appear STIFF, a drumstick has some flexibility, and it's all about FEELING THE FLEX OF THAT STIFFNESS.

It's the same with shaving. The Futur is like that for me. You have something in your hand that HAS A HEAVY HEAD, but nevertheless A HEAD THAT NEEDS DELICATE TREATMENT. Too much pressure at one end you'll end up disappointed... too little, and you'll be equally disappointed.

And like the CLIMAX of a song for a drummer, the CLIMAX of a shave with a Futur, if done properly, is unparalleled, the feeling is one of euphoria and a job well done.

Now that I think about it, it's rather like having a good w- ... oh hello dear.

Back
Top Bottom