Futur and similar razors?

Any other razors out there that have the clean future looking finish to them like the futur, i really like the design just wanted to see if anything similar out there.

Also if anyone has one they are looking to sell please say so, might save me a few quid compared to retail price of £40+

What about Vision 2000 or Progress ? Vision is a bit expensive but I think it has the Future design as well, Progress is something between traditional and new design IMHO.

Laci

The 3 that spring to mind are the Futur, the Vision and the PILS razor. All look a bit different than a Gillette DE, but all are pretty expensive, especially the PILS.

Ian

Indeed the Pils is quite Teutonic in it's looks. It is built like a tank and can be used as a hammer if needs be.

Pils04.jpg

Audiolab said:
Indeed the Pils is quite Teutonic in it's looks. It is built like a tank and can be used as a hammer if needs be.

Pils04.jpg

I want one of these soooooooooooooo bad :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Do I Need It: NO
Will It Outclass All My Other Razors: NO

Will I Get One: well erm.............eeeerrrrr..............mmmmmmm............yeah :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: ;)

slash said:
Is it just me that thinks thats ugly,

I am not sure as I would say it is ugly, but it is probably going to be a "marmite" razor either you will think it's radical design is good looking or ugly.........................well thats my thoughts.............. :cool: :cool:

I am going to hide behind the sofa now and wait for the abuse............. :lol: :lol:

It's much more 'futuristic' than 'elegant', and pretty bulky overall. Typical German style with a style touch that will make it a future classic.

Nonetheless, an amazingly effective stubble eliminator and one of the best (if not the best) DE razors available.

The Futur is probably THE most efficient stubble remover that I have tried. In one pass WTG it takes off more than any other razor I have tried, including a Slant and even the Cobra that Johnny O now owns.

Ian

I would say the Pils is "Efficient". It is definitely more aggressive than the Feather and a good shave can be achieved with even the mildest blades; I have yet to pluck up the courage to stick a Feather blade in it.

I do enjoy using it but it does feel head heavy at first, particularly when swapping from another razor, after a few shaves you don't notice it so much but at first it does feel a bit unbalanced to me.

Overall this is one where you let the razor do the work, much like the Futur.

IanM said:
The Futur is probably THE most efficient stubble remover that I have tried. In one pass WTG it takes off more than any other razor I have tried, including a Slant and even the Cobra that Johnny O now owns.

Ian

Would have to agree that the Futur is my "Choice" razor, seems effortless.....

IanM said:

Ian

+1 on that, I gave away a Futur as I just couldn't get on with it. Compared to its potential for removal of stubble, dermal layers etc I truly couldn't compare the Cobra in terms of aggresiveness.

JohnnyO. :geek:

Back
Top Bottom