Fruit tea

Whats with this stuff?
I got sent 2 free samples from Twinings, i had one last night and all i tasted was hot water. Even when it went cold it still jsut tasted like water.
Ive now got some other weird flavour. Ive left the tea bag in this time. will be stronger. As yet, no.

So what is the point in it? I was hoping to be infused, calmed and relaxed.

They smell not bad, but just taste of water.

Coffee, now theres a drink...............

If you are used to good full strength coffee then this stuff will mean nothing to you.
The word "tea" is here a misnomer - there is no tea in it - it is a herbal infusion.
As for tea, since I gave up sugar and cut down on dairy products my favourite is green tea with a spot of honey, and when I feel like a treat I put a lump of lemon, lime or ginger in the pot before adding the water.

"What a gent Anthony is." :oops: (Good form dictates that I should feign embarassment)

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch#v=qkM6L615Wfo&feature=related" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch#v=qkM6L615 ... re=related</a><!-- m -->

(Could someone do the picture thing for me? - ta!)
Edit - see below, many thanks Hando.

I often have peppermint, Lemon & Ginger or camomile 'tea'. As I have stated before, 'normal' tea and coffe can sometimes have undesireable effects on my guts.

Mrs.M likes the fruit teas, but to me they always smell better than they taste.

Ian

Big fan of Green teas.. Pure , with pomegranate, orange and lotus flower .. or even Earl grey green (fantastic stuff).

Also Lapsang souchong with added Valerian to help with shut eye .. works like a Hammer on me , only trouble is the wife thinks it smells like Wet dog.
I dunno , rather like the smell of Valerian root now..

when i want something to relax with i now have honey and apple cider vinegar, couple of teaspoons each in the boiled water

nice before i go to bed after night-shift

....just make make a hot drink with a half decent cordial you like.

I still enjoy a hot black current every now and then.

antdad said:
....just make make a hot drink with a half decent cordial you like.

I still enjoy a hot black current every now and then.

Now thats a nice drink. Hot black current.
My mum always used to give us warm Ribena when we were poorly. Also took it in a flask when i went canoeing on long trips in the winter.

Back
Top Bottom