From the Edge of Nowhere

Pig Cat said:
Ollie you are on fire today! Just trying to work out where on the scale I fall between gay and macho. :mrgreen:

bruce-everiss.png

Hi SlowBlade!

Welcome, I've been DE shaving for just over a month now, got myself quite a few bits and pieces left right and center.
Currently shaving with a Gillette Adjustable (I have a SuperSpeed and Rocket 500 and a FlareTip, and a Merkur 34C, and a NEW, and some other bits and bobs)
Blade wise, I've been pifed a few form various members, currently playing with the SuperThins (and liking them a lot!)
Just bought my first proper brush, a Simpson B1
Got more soap than I'll ever need, soft, hard, cream, you name it! (I have yet to try them all!)

I could PIF you some french Gillette Bleue's if you want, as a gesture of welcome. (and I to work on some karma, since I've been PIFed a few bits myself!)
If I can find some recipients to put some soap samples in, I'll PIF you some of them too.

FB.

JohnnyO said:
Aww U/Hermit, I've never imagined you as either lone or dissenting ................. more my idea of a rugged (& exceptionally well cold shaved) individualist.

JohnnyO. ;)

Very perspicacious of you, sir.
      • :roll: [/list:u][/list:u]
          • It is true: if I were much more rugged, it would be camp.[/list:u][/list:u][/list:u]
              • :cool: [/list:u][/list:u]

Rev-O said:
personally I'd contact Henk and Soapalchemist, our two resident soap makers who use tallow and clay to great effect (yes, I know it sounds primitive, as does badger hair and sharpened steel: this is Anglo-Saxon/Viking shaving).
No Tallow here. :eek: :shock: :eek:
Welcome Slow Blade...I'm sure it'll speed up after you browse the great advice to be had on here. :D

soapalchemist said:
No Tallow here. :eek: :shock: :eek:

But, here there be tallow...

although tallow by itself not a good shaving soap makes... In fact it is easy to make a good shaving soap without tallow if you use 'chemical' ingredients (which may, or may not have originated from tallow. Making a decent shaving soap based ONLY on saponification of fats and oils without using tallow is much harder, and more expensive, but certainly doable.

Henk

Well, what d'ya know. Day 14 and my first cut! That'll learn me. First use of the styptic pencil, another Morrisons bargin. Tallow. Hmmm Google Tallow... "Tallow is a rendered form of beef or mutton fat, processed from suet". :shock: Yeah that sounds just what I want to rub into my face every morning! Glad to hear there's an alternative soapalchemist, I might be in touch!! :D

Back
Top Bottom