Fresh Tradition from Erbe of Solingen

Haven't heard of or read about these blades. Ebay @5.75 for 10 (free postage), by "Shaving Guru" out of Florida. Manufacturer Erbe of Solingen, art.-Nr. 6451.

Just bought the one pack and haven't used them yet. Wondered if anyone had a run in with these German blades?

R/Robert

Attachments

• ERBE Fresh Tradition 003.jpg
    360 bytes · Views: 246
  • ERBE Fresh Tradition 004.jpg
    360 bytes · Views: 246
Requested information from seller and received the following:

Dear Robert,

Check my reviews, I sold a lot of them. Manufacturer - ERBE (Becker- manicure, Solingen, Germany; <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.becker-manicure.de/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.becker-manicure.de/</a><!-- m -->). Got a lot of feedback from the actual users. I use the blades myself and I enjoy it. What else should I tell you? Simply, try it.
TX
Sincerely,

- shaving_guru

As much information that I can find gents until I actually put one in a razor and do the do. Will start testing a blade tomorrow. R/Robert

3 Very nice shaves and 2 good shaves; didn't want to attempt a final one. Keep an eye if they offer this blade in greater numbers. Sharks are selling for 7 bucks a hundred. Let's see what Trainman and Urban Hermit think; if they even got there yet. R/Robert

I was hoping, in a way or two, that I wouldn't really like them at all, as they'd be such a faff to get more of, but they are actually quite good. ... and they are something of a faff to try and get more of. According to the Erbe site, their products are sold through Taylor's of Old Band Street in the UK. They aren't, however, on the site for sales online - just Merkurs. I've had a little bit of email going back and forth with Erbe, but nothing too illuminating as yet.

Thanks UH. I would purchase these FRESH blades again, but more into 50, 100, 200, etc. for a cheaper price I haven't seen any offered on the vendor sites I frequent. Surprized no one else has commented on this blade but that is why we have TSR. Regards from the Hoth Ice Planet (Iowa). As a good son-in-law I shoveled all the walkways and spent most of the morning removing ice as well as drifts off the roof. Removing (repositioning) 22 inches of snow is a chore --- but the work and effort felt good. We don't get snow like this in Washington State, thank God I'm just visiting!

Warm Regards, Robert

Contents of latest email from the Erbe makers:

Dear Mr. Hermit,

I am really sorry to inform you that our not so big company has no capacity to care for the end buyer and your strictly politic is: business only with companies.

Many thanks for your understanding and acceptance.

But I can help you. We have a really very good customer and partner who can help you in matter with blades.

TAYLOR OF OLD BOND STREET
74 JERMYN STREET ST.JAMES
SW1Y6NP
LONDON
Contact Barry Klein, or Paul Chessel.

Phone +44-20 / 79305321

Thank you very much.

So the clarification is, that ToOBS online isn't even a source; please deal directly with the shop by surface mail or telephone.

Back
Top Bottom