Fountain Ink Pen Acquisitions

If so you better start on writing the biggest novel ever.
Ha ha - indeed -

''Call me Ishmael. Some years ago - never mind how long precisely - having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me on shore, I thought I would sail about a little and see the watery part of the world."

or -

"It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of Light, it was the season of Darkness."

- I.

@BigBruce - I have dip pens - they are lovely things to use - but not the most practical - they slow your writing down to the pace of a medieval scribe. Nothing inherently wrong with that - but it'll take a week to write a three page letter.

How many words can you get down on paper between dips?
Or are we talking letters between dips!

Paul.

Snap! (sort of)

A large bottle of Stephens Scarlet Writing Fluid, which was rescued by my wife when her middle school in Suffolk closed as part of the Schools Reorganisation a few years ago. I hate to think what else made its way into skips. The school opened in 1939, and is now a Free School.

The ink is useable, but I think it has evaporated somewhat, although the bottle, which is 10 1/2 inches tall, is full to the shoulder. It's a pity that the label has faded, but the text within the plain cartouche reads "This ink is of a rich Scarlet colour, which makes a vivid contrast with Black: hence its value for checking, correcting etc. It is pleasant to write with, retains its fluidity and is eminently suitable for commercial and personal use with every make of pen. HENRY C. STEPHENS LTD,. LONDON, N5"

Vintage Waterman ink - between 70 and 80 years old - blue/black - I will happily send on a sample to anyone that wants to try it - I'll do the postage. The caveat - you need to have posted on this thread recently and I need to recognise who you are - if you are lurking in the shadows - don't bother. It is iron gall ink - so - you need a dip pen or are prepared to sacrifice a cheap modern pen using it. PM me if interested. - yours - I.

Last edited: