Formatting

Just recently the formatting of the text isn’t working properly

On Android it’s all greyed out, on the iPhone it looks available but bold doesn’t work - italics does...

Also, maybe related, on Android when you insert an image it now just shows the title of the image, not the image itself until you actually submit the post

This is odd, it happened to me a while back where the text formatting and image buttons are all greyed out. It's fine now, and I can't remember if it was something I did or if it just fixed itself. Sorry, I realise this post adds little of value other than 'me too'.
FWIW I am using Samsung S21 Plus, and the Samsung browser. Android 13/OneUI 5.1 so fully updated. No issues with it at the moment. I don't know what caused it to happen, it just stopped working properly one day, and then was OK after a couple of weeks.

Last edited:
I'm using chrome on Android and seeing both challenges with the reply editor formatting buttons being greyed out and external images in tags but showing up.

one thing I noticed is that if I hit reply, the images show up but if I click the editor preview view, they don't. does that suggest it is CSS related?

here's an example where I've quoted a post that shows a red X image but my screenshot of the editor shows what should be there:

Post in thread 'SOTD: Saturday April 29 - Friday 5 May 2023.'
https://www.theshavingroom.co.uk/community/threads/sotd-saturday-april-29-friday-5-may-2023.58293/post-919552

an example of an img tag with and without src attribute. the first one does not show an image for me:

test img tag with src attribute:

test img tag without src attribute:

Last edited:
There was a problem like this before but I don't remember the exact cause, it's something in the code so I will have a look through my notes and track it down.