Formatting

Just recently the formatting of the text isn’t working properly

On Android it’s all greyed out, on the iPhone it looks available but bold doesn’t work - italics does...

This is odd, it happened to me a while back where the text formatting and image buttons are all greyed out. It's fine now, and I can't remember if it was something I did or if it just fixed itself. Sorry, I realise this post adds little of value other than 'me too'.
FWIW I am using Samsung S21 Plus, and the Samsung browser. Android 13/OneUI 5.1 so fully updated. No issues with it at the moment. I don't know what caused it to happen, it just stopped working properly one day, and then was OK after a couple of weeks.

Last edited:
I'm using chrome on Android and seeing both challenges with the reply editor formatting buttons being greyed out and external images in tags but showing up.

one thing I noticed is that if I hit reply, the images show up but if I click the editor preview view, they don't. does that suggest it is CSS related?

here's an example where I've quoted a post that shows a red X image but my screenshot of the editor shows what should be there:

Post in thread 'SOTD: Saturday April 29 - Friday 5 May 2023.'
https://www.theshavingroom.co.uk/community/threads/sotd-saturday-april-29-friday-5-may-2023.58293/post-919552

an example of an img tag with and without src attribute. the first one does not show an image for me:

test img tag with src attribute:
400px-EBU_Colorbars.svg.png%22

test img tag without src attribute:
400px-EBU_Colorbars.svg.png

Last edited:
There was a problem like this before but I don't remember the exact cause, it's something in the code so I will have a look through my notes and track it down.

Back
Top Bottom